Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
13 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese Diplomat Accuses US of Spreading Coronavirus VOA 13 Mar 2020 -- Tensions between the U.S. and China may re-escalate after officials of both countries hurled verbal attacks at each other about the origin of the coronavirus, observers say.
- US sparks word war against China on COVID-19 Global Times 13 Mar 2020 -- Heated online discussions were sparked by the latest tweets by outspoken Chinese diplomat Zhao Lijian, who questioned the transparency of the US epidemic response mechanism, following the Trump administration's all-out campaign to smear China on its handling of the coronavirus crisis, as part of an information war embedded with racial discrimination and malicious accusations.
- Origin of COVID-19 in dispute; US accusations on China opposed: FM Global Times 13 Mar 2020 -- China has noticed that there are discussions on the origin of the novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19), and some US official and congressmen made groundless accusations and attacked China, which we firmly oppose, Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said in response to a question concerning the latest tweet by Chinese diplomat Zhao Lijian.
- US army might have brought epidemic to China, says Chinese FM spokesman in tweet People's Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian wrote on his Twitter account on Thursday that the US military may have brought the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) to Wuhan.
- China does not rule out US role in coronavirus outbreak Press TV 13 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese Foreign Ministry has not ruled out the possibility that the United States was to blame for the spread of the new coronavirus in the Asian country.
- Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Believes US Army Might Have Brought COVID-19 to Wuhan Sputnik 13 Mar 2020 -- The US army might have brought the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to China's Wuhan, the city where the virus was first detected in the country, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Zhao Lijian said on Thursday.
- China to strengthen coronavirus prevention at border, aid overseas fight Global Times 13 Mar 2020 -- A leading group of China's COVID-19 response Thursday called for more targeted prevention measures to stem the cross-border spread of the novel coronavirus and promised help for overseas fight against the pandemic.
- All 11 child cases of COVID-19 discharged from hospital in Shanghai People's Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- The last two children diagnosed with novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from a Shanghai hospital on Friday, bringing the recovery rate of the total 11 child cases in the city to 100 percent.
- China's Hubei reports 5 new confirmed coronavirus cases People's Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported five new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Thursday, local health commission said Friday.
- 8 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection reported on Chinese mainland People's Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Friday it received reports of eight new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and seven deaths on the Chinese mainland on Thursday.
- 1,318 recovered COVID-19 patients discharged on Chinese mainland People's Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- A total of 1,318 patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from hospital after recovery Thursday on the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 3 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported three new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), bringing the total number of imported cases to 88, according to the National Health Commission Friday.
- Beijing launches transit center for inbound passengers from countries with virus risks People's Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- Beijing has converted the New China International Exhibition Center into a transit center for inbound passengers from countries with high risks of COVID-19, according to a press conference Thursday.
- 3 imported COVID19 cases from the UK, US, Italy confirmed in Beijing, Shanghai Global Times 13 Mar 2020 -- Two new imported cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Shanghai on Thursday, involving Chinese citizens returning from the US and Italy respectively, while Beijing confirmed one imported case from the UK.
- China's polar-observing satellite completes Antarctic mission Global Times 13 Mar 2020 -- China's first polar-observing satellite has completed its Antarctic observation mission after orbiting Earth for six months.
- PLA Air Force issues aircraft painting and marking regulations PLA Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese PLA Air Force issued Regulations on Air Force Aircraft Painting and Marking (Trial) recently (hereinafter referred to as the Regulations).
- China conducts airborne gravimetry in Antarctica for first time PLA Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- A team from the College of Intelligence Science and Technology under the PLA National University of Defense Technology（NUTD）has successfully carried out airborne gravimetry in high latitudes of Antarctica from December 1, 2019 to March 1, 2020, with their self-developed high-level strap-down gravimeter.
- China details measures to boost consumption, mitigate virus impact Global Times 13 Mar 2020 -- Chinese authorities on Friday released a guideline aimed at boosting consumption and unleashing the potential of the domestic market to cushion the blow of the ongoing epidemic on economic activities.
- Xi talks with UN chief, calling for urgent int'l action against COVID-19 People's Daily 13 Mar 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Thursday spoke with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres over phone, urging the international community to take urgent action in the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic.
- China Seeks More Production From Bloated Industries Radio Free Asia 13 Mar 2020 -- As China urges businesses to get back to work, it is relying on industries like autos and steel with record high inventories of unsold goods that may drag on an economic recovery.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list