Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
1995 China Special Weapons News
- The Trial of Wei Jingsheng House Republican Policy Committee December 12, 1995
- Louder Rumbles of War Beijing Steps Up Its Pressure on Taiwan's Leader Asia Week December 8, 1995
- China: Arms Control and Disarmament Information Office of the State Council Of the People's Republic of China November 1995, Beijing
- U.S. Strategy: Engage China, Not Contain It
Remarks as delivered by Secretary of Defense William H. Perry to the Washington State China Relations Council, Seattle, Oct. 30, 1995, followed by selected questions and answers.
- The Aim of China's Test-Firing of Missiles -- Tensions Are Mounting in the Taiwan Strait by Shunji Takaoka Tokyo AERA 4 Sep 95 p 18
- HIGH TENSIONS China and Taiwan Need to Step Back from the Brink Asia Week - September 1, 1995
- China Escalates Nuclear Fear International Review Volume 16, No. 40 Autumn 1995
- Missile Rattling Asia Week August 25, 1995
- WAR GAMES Despite jitters, no one expects a Taiwan invasion scenario because Beijing might rue the outcome TIME Magazine August 28, 1995
- THUNDER OUT OF CHINA The Mainland's "Missile Diplomacy" Jolts Taiwan Asia Week August 4, 1995
- WHY WE MUST CONTAIN CHINA BY CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER TIME Magazine July 31, 1995
- MORE BANG FOR THE YUAN Beijing Is Modernizing Its Nuclear Forces Asia Week July 21, 1995 "By the year 2010 China will ... probably have an operational force of between 50 to 70 ICBMs, both on mobile launchers and in hardened silos."
- CLASH OF TITANS As Sino-American Relations Spiral Downward, Fears Grow of a New Cold War Asia Week July 21, 1995
- U.S. SEEKING INFORMATION ABOUT CHINESE MISSILE TESTS STATE DEPARTMENT REPORT, WEDNESDAY, 19 July 1995
- Reports of Chinese sales of M-11 missiles STATE DEPARTMENT REPORT, WEDNESDAY, 12 JULY 1995
- NO DETERMINATION ON REPORTED CHINA-PAKISTAN MISSILE TRANSFER STATE DEPARTMENT REPORT, WEDNESDAY, 5 July 1995
- NO FIRM EVIDENCE OF CHINESE MTCR VIOLATION DEFENSE DEPARTMENT REPORT, THURSDAY, 22 JUNE 1995
- ALLEGED CHINESE SALE OF MISSILE PARTS TO IRAN STATE DEPARTMENT REPORT, THURSDAY, 22 JUNE 1995
- Foreign Ministry Holds Weekly News Conference --
Will Not Confirm ICBM Test, Tokyo KYODO, 1 Jun 1995
- Foreign Ministry Spokesman on Missile Cooperation,
Beijing ZHONGGUO XINWEN SHE, 1 Jun 1995
- U.S.-CHINA AGREE ON SHARED RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROLIFERATION By Jacquelyn Porth
USIA Security Affairs Writer - 17 April 1995
- China Shops by Kenneth R.Timmerman The American Spectator March 1995 -- Thanks to friendly merchants in the Clinton administration, Peking is stocking up on hi-tech arms at bargain-basement prices -- and Bill Clinton and Ron Brown could care less.
- U.S.-Russian Military Theories and Practices,
Article by Wen Weier, Beijing XIANDAI GUOJI GUANXI [CONTEMPORARY INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS],
20 Feb 95
- Continue to Promote the Reunification of the Motherland by Jiang Zemin, January 30, 1995 -- It remains the sacred mission and lofty goal of the entire Chinese people to achieve the reunification of the motherland and promote the all-round revitalization of the Chinese nation. There are only two ways to settle the Taiwan question: One is by peaceful means and the other is by non-peaceful means. The way the Taiwan question is to be settled is China's internal affairs, and brooks no foreign interference. We consistently stand for achieving reunification by peaceful means and through negotiations. But we shall not undertake not to use force. Such commitment would only make it impossible to achieve peaceful reunification and could not but lead to the eventual settlement of the question by the use of force.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list