Radiant GOLD (U)
(U) Radiant GOLD is a multifaceted research and development effort focused on Theater Ballistic Missile Defense (TBMD).
Description User Impact Programmatics Images Related Initiatives Related Requirements Related Categories Road Map Placements Additional Hotlinks Lead Office POC
(U) Radiant GOLD encompasses the following individual initiatives:
- (U) Aegis Cueing- Modification of JTAGS processing software to support experiments using Aegis system at Wallops Island, in preparation for seaborne test. Continue to examine methods to deliver cueing data to Aegis via a JTAGS Remote and continue phased array antenna research for direct Defense Support Program (DSP) link.
- (U) Reduction of Bias Errors- Conduct field trails of prototype system under controlled conditions, in preparations for trials as part of one or more theater exercises.
- (U) COBRA BRASS Conduct operational assessments in conjunction with pre-deployment training for Commander, Cruiser-Destroyer Group ONE and Carrier Air Wing TWO.
- (U) GALE- Fund TBMD-related upgrades in the next GALE software build and support continued use of GALE during fleet exercises.
- (U) Duplicate Reporting- In cooperation with NRO, TDDS and TIBS program offices, and U.S. Space Command, develop and test concepts for reducing duplicate reporting.
User Impact (U):
Related Initiatives (U):
Name Title COBRA BRASS COBRA BRASS DSP Defense Support Program (DSP) Navy Area Defense Navy Area Defense Navy Theater-Wide TBMD Navy Theater Wide Theater Ballistic Missile Defense System (TBMD) This Table Is Unclassified.
Related Requirements (U):None.
Related Categories (U):
Name Title Navy TENCAP Navy Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP) This Table Is Unclassified.
Road Map Placements (U):
Name Title ISR SPACE FORCE ENHANCEMENT: INTELLIGENCE SURVEILLANCE AND RECONNAISSANCE This Table Is Unclassified.
Requirements, Funding and Additional Hotlinks (U):
Lead Office (U):
Point of Contact (U):
Date Of Information (U):
(U) 04 September 1997
(U) Road Map Production Date: 12 July 1999
NEWSLETTER Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list