Government Accountability Office
General Accounting Office
GAO Homeland Security Reports - Subcategories
Dept. of Homeland Security
Disaster Preparedness / Response
Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Infectious Disease Threats: Funding and Performance of Key Preparedness and Capacity-Building Programs, GAO-18-362, May 24, 2018
- Avian Influenza: USDA Has Taken Actions to Reduce Risks but Needs a Plan to Evaluate Its Efforts, GAO-17-360, April 13, 2017
- Air Travel and Communicable Diseases: Comprehensive Federal Plan Needed for U.S. Aviation System's Preparedness, GAO-16-127, December 16, 2015
- Homeland Security: An Overall Strategy Is Needed to Strengthen Disease Surveillance in Livestock and Poultry, GAO-13-424, May 21, 2013
- Influenza: Progress Made in Responding to Seasonal and Pandemic Outbreaks, by Marcia Crosse, director, health care, before the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, House Committee on Energy and Commerce. GAO-13-374T, February 13, 2013
- Influenza Pandemic: Agencies Report Progress in Plans to Protect Federal Workers but Oversight Could Be Improved, GAO-12-748, July 25, 2012
- Influenza Pandemic: Lessons from the H1N1 Pandemic Should Be Incorporated into Future Planning, GAO-11-632, Jun 27, 2011
- Influenza Vaccine: Federal Investments in Alternative Technologies and Challenges to Development and Licensure, GAO-11-435, Jun 27, 2011
- Influenza Pandemic: Monitoring and Assessing the Status of the National Pandemic Implementation Plan Needs Improvement, GAO-10-73, Nov 24, 2009
- Influenza Pandemic: Key Securities Market Participants Are Making Progress, but Agencies Could Do More to Address Potential Internet Congestion and Encourage Readiness, GAO-10-8, Oct 26, 2009
- Influenza Pandemic: Gaps in Pandemic Planning and Preparedness Need to Be Addressed, GAO-09-909T, Jul 29, 2009
- Influenza Pandemic: Greater Agency Accountability Needed to Protect Federal Workers in the Event of a Pandemic, GAO-09-783T, Jun 16, 2009
- Influenza Pandemic: Increased Agency Accountability Could Help Protect Federal Employees Serving the Public in the Event of a Pandemic, GAO-09-404, Jun 12, 2009
- Influenza Pandemic: Continued Focus on the Nation's Planning and Preparedness Efforts Remains Essential, GAO-09-760T, Jun 3, 2009
- Influenza Pandemic: Sustaining Focus on the Nation's Planning and Preparedness Efforts, GAO-09-334, Feb 26, 2009
- Influenza Pandemic: HHS Needs to Continue Its Actions and Finalize Guidance for Pharmaceutical Interventions, GAO-08-671, Sep 30, 2008
- Influenza Pandemic: Federal Agencies Should Continue to Assist States to Address Gaps in Pandemic Planning, GAO-08-539, Jun 19, 2008
- Influenza Pandemic: Efforts Under Way to Address Constraints on Using Antivirals and Vaccines to Forestall a Pandemic GAO-08-92 December 21,2007
- Influenza Pandemic: Opportunities Exist to Address Critical Infrastructure Protection Challenges That Require Federal and Private Sector Coordination GAO-08-36 October 31,2007
- Influenza Vaccine: Issues Related to Production, Distribution, and Public Health Messages GAO-08-27 October 31,2007
- Global Health: U.S. Agencies Support Programs to Build Overseas Capacity for Infectious Disease Surveillance GAO-08-138T October 4,2007
- Global Health: U.S. Agencies Support Programs to Build Overseas Capacity for Infectious Disease Surveillance GAO-07-1186 September 28,2007
- Influenza Pandemic: Federal Executive Boards' Ability to Contribute to Pandemic Preparedness GAO-07-1259T September 28,2007
- Influenza Pandemic: Opportunities Exist to Clarify Federal Leadership Roles and Improve Pandemic Planning GAO-07-1257T September 26,2007
- Influenza Pandemic: Further Efforts Are Needed to Ensure Clearer Federal Leadership Roles and an Effective National Strategy GAO-07-781 August 14,2007
- Influenza Pandemic: Efforts to Forestall Onset Are Under Way; Identifying Countries at Greatest Risk Entails Challenges GAO-07-604 June 20,2007 [3.6 Mb]
- Influenza Pandemic: DOD Combatant Commands' Preparedness Efforts Could Benefit from More Clearly Defined Roles, Resources, and Risk Mitigation GAO-07-696 June 20, 2007
- Avian Influenza: USDA Has Taken Important Steps to Prepare for Outbreaks, but Better Planning Could Improve Response GAO-07-652 June 11, 2007 [3.3 Mb]
- Influenza Pandemic: DOD Has Taken Important Actions to Prepare, but Accountability, Funding, and Communications Need to be Clearer and Focused Departmentwide, GAO-06-1042, September 21, 2006
- Influenza Pandemic: Challenges in Preparedness and Response, by Marcia Crosse, director, health care, before the House Committee on Government Reform. GAO-05-863T, June 30, 2005.
- Influenza Pandemic: Challenges Remain in Preparedness, by Marcia G. Crosse, director, health care, before the Subcommittee on Health, House Committee on Energy and Commerce. GAO-05-760T, May 26, 2005.
- Flu Vaccine: Recent Supply Shortages Underscore Ongoing Challenges, by Jan Heinrich, director, health care-public health issues, before the Subcommittee on Health, House Committee on Energy and Commerce. GAO-05-177T, November 18, 2004.
- Emerging Infectious Diseases: Review of State and Federal Disease Surveillance Efforts. GAO-04-877, September 30, 2004.
- Infectious Disease Preparedness: Federal Challenges in Responding to Influenza Outbreaks, by Janet Heinrich, director, health care-public health issues, before the Senate Special Committee on Aging. GAO-04-1100T, September 28, 2004.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|