13 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Russia warns US it will sever ties if branded terror sponsor, assets seized Press TV 13 Aug 2022 -- Moscow has warned its diplomatic ties with Washington could be broken off should the US seize its assets or brand Russia a "state sponsor of terrorism."
- WHO gives new names to variants of monkeypox virus People's Daily 13 Aug 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has announced new names for variants of the monkeypox virus that are currently in circulation. This is to avoid causing any cultural or social offense, the WHO explained in a statement on Friday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- 5 officials in SW China's Xizang removed for not fully implementing epidemic prevention measures Global Times 13 Aug 2022 -- Five officials in the city of Xigaze in Southwest China's Xizang Autonomous Region have been removed from office for not fully implementing epidemic prevention measures, the city authorities announced on Friday. The city has extended city-wide management measures amid this flare-up, with 39 confirmed cases detected so far.
- Chinese mainland reports 646 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 13 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 646 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 594 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- China's Hainan reports 2,814 confirmed COVID-19 cases in latest resurgence People's Daily 13 Aug 2022 -- As of noon on Friday, south China's Hainan Province has registered 2,814 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 2,340 asymptomatic cases since the province's current resurgence began on Aug. 1, local authorities said at a press briefing on Friday.
- Russia's Watchdog Says No Need to Introduce COVID Restrictions at Federal Level in Russia Sputnik 13 Aug 2022 -- There is no need to impose any COVID-19 restrictions at the federal level in Russia since the situation is not critical, Russian consumer rights watchdog Rospotrebnadzor said on Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 207.71 Cr India PIB 13 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 207.71 Cr (2,07,71,62,098) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,75,92,966 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 575 India PIB 13 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 207.96 Crore (2,07,96,13,281) today. More than 23 lakh (23,04,225) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 13 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 13 Aug 2022
- COVID-19 kills 55 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 13 Aug 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 142,861 with 55 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 21,289 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths CNA 13 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 21,289 new cases of COVID-19 and 40 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Top-Level Emergency Anti-Epidemic System Switched to Normal Anti-Epidemic System in DPRK KCNA 13 Aug 2022 -- Implemented in the DPRK are anti-epidemic steps taken by the Party and the state to switch the top-level emergency anti-epidemic system to an intensified and reinforced normal epidemic prevention work system as regards the fact that the public health crisis created in the country was completely defused and its whole territory was turned into a clean one free from the malignant virus in the shortest period.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|