11 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Statement from Director Wray FBI 11 Aug 2022
- FBI Search of Trump Resort Sparks Uptick in Online Violent Rhetoric VOA 11 Aug 2022 -- The FBI's search this week of former President Donald Trump's Florida resort has led to a sharp spike in online extremist rhetoric, raising concerns about a fresh wave of political violence.
- Armed Man Dies After Incident at Cincinnati FBI Office VOA 11 Aug 2022 -- An armed man who tried to break into the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Cincinnati office Thursday, then fled with FBI and Ohio State Patrol officers in pursuit, was shot and killed by police after a standoff, the Ohio State Highway Patrol said Thursday night.
- Alleged British Daesh member charged after arrest in UK: Police Press TV 11 Aug 2022 -- A British man accused of being a member of a notorious Daesh cell has been charged with terrorism offenses after returning to the UK.
- Last Member of 'Daesh Beatles' Group Reportedly Caught in UK Sputnik 11 Aug 2022 -- Four people who pledged to fight for Daesh* in Syria and wound up being guards for Western prisoners and hostages are thought to have belonged to the so-called "Beatles" cell within the terrorist group. They are all believed to have grown up in west London, UK, which is reflected by their accents, hence their name.
- Press Briefing by White House Monkeypox Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 11 Aug 2022
- Monkeypox cases rising rapidly in California amid vaccine shortage Press TV 11 Aug 2022 -- Monkeypox cases are rising exponentially in California at a time when the only vaccine approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to protect against the infectious viral disease is running short across the United States.
- U.S. monkeypox outbreak exceeds 10,000 cases People's Daily 11 Aug 2022 -- Confirmed monkeypox cases in the United States have exceeded the mark of 10,000, reaching 10,392 cases Wednesday, according to the newest data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the country's national public health agency.
- U.S. moves to stretch limited monkeypox vaccine supply: The Hill People's Daily 11 Aug 2022 -- The Joe Biden administration on Tuesday announced a new strategy to stretch the limited available doses of the Jynneos monkeypox vaccine by changing how the vaccine is injected, The Hill reported.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - Aug. 9, 2022 US Air Force 11 Aug 2022 -- Below are current coronavirus disease 2019 statistics for Department of the Air Force personnel.
- China prepares for possible 'twindemic' of influenza, COVID-19 Global Times 11 Aug 2022 -- China's health experts eased public concern over the "twindemic" scenario of COVID-19 and influenza, saying that China has built a mature response mechanism to address the problem, while the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC) warned that the upcoming influenza peak season in fall and winter is expected to see a higher prevalence of influenza although the COVID-19 epidemic is yet to end.
- City in China's Xizang prolongs static management for 3 days, provides free accommodation to stranded visitors Global Times 11 Aug 2022 -- The city of Xigaze in Southwest China's Xizang Autonomous Region on Thursday extended the city-wide static management, asking local residents to stay at home for another three days given the city's grim epidemic situation.
- Over 2,000 stranded tourists depart Sanya, 1,254 new COVID cases are detected Global Times 11 Aug 2022 -- More than 2,000 tourists stranded in Sanya, a tourism resort in South China's Hainan Province due to a latest COVID-19 resurgence have flown back home. Their departure comes at a time when the city reported 1,254 new cases on Thursday.
- Xizang authorities offer support for local people after COVID-19 flare-up Global Times 11 Aug 2022 -- The civil affairs bureau of Southwest China's Xizang Autonomous Region on Wednesday announced eight measures to help local people after 22 COVID-19 infections were reported on Sunday, ending a record 920 days of no cases.
- Chinese mainland reports 614 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 614 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 559 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 380 new local confirmed COVID cases People's Daily 11 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 380 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 285 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- China facing increasing pressure in COVID-19 prevention, control: health official People's Daily 11 Aug 2022 -- With the resurgence of infections in neighboring countries, China's COVID-19 prevention and control efforts are facing increasing pressure, a health official said Wednesday.
- Sputnik V Becomes Most Exported Russian Medicine Over Two Years, RDIF Says Sputnik 11 Aug 2022 -- The Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine has become the most exported medicine in Russia's history in just two years since its registration, Kirill Dmitriev, the chief executive of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) said on Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 207.29 Cr India PIB 11 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 207.29 Cr (2,07,29,46,593) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,75,36,174 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 573 India PIB 11 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 207.45 Crore (2,07,45,11,199) today. More than 14 lakh (14,02,341) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 11 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 11 Aug 2022
- COVID-19 kills 84 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 11 Aug 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 142,738 with 84 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Iran reports 84 daily coronavirus deaths as cases rise Press TV 11 Aug 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 deaths seems to have taken an upward trend in Iran over the past weeks, with the country's health officials saying more than 80 people have lost their lives in the past 24 hours in the latest wave of the pandemic.
- Japan's daily COVID-19 cases hit record high of 250,403 People's Daily 11 Aug 2022 -- Japan logged 250,403 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, a daily record high, amid concerns over a strain on the medical system due to a new wave of the pandemic.
- Taiwan reports 22,909 new COVID-19 cases, 44 deaths CNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 22,909 new cases of COVID-19, all but 259 of which were domestic infections, as well as 44 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- North Korean leader's sister warns Seoul of 'retaliation' over COVID outbreak Press TV 11 Aug 2022 -- Tensions have flared between the two Koreas over the source of a COVID-19 contagion in the North, with the powerful sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un accusing the South of having caused the outbreak in her country and warning of "deadly retaliation."
- Minister of National Defence Makes Speech at National Meeting of Reviewing Emergency Anti-Epidemic Work KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Ri Yong Gil, minister of National Defence of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea who is deputy commander of the emergency anti-epidemic division of the Ministry of National Defence, made a speech at the National Meeting of Reviewing the Emergency Anti-epidemic Work.
- Speech of Vice-premier of DPRK Cabinet at National Meeting of Reviewing Emergency Anti-Epidemic Work KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Ri Song Hak, vice-premier of the DPRK Cabinet, made a speech at the national meeting of reviewing the emergency anti-epidemic work.
- DPRK Premier Makes Report at National Meeting of Reviewing Emergency Anti-Epidemic Work KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Kim Tok Hun, premier of the Cabinet of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, made a report at the national meeting of reviewing the emergency anti-epidemic work.
- Speech of Commander of State Emergency Anti-epidemic Headquarters KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Ri Chung Gil, department director of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea who is commander of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, made a speech at the National Meeting of Reviewing the Emergency Anti-epidemic Work.
- Brilliant Victory Gained by Great People of DPRK KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- All the people of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) are dynamically opening up a new phase of the comprehensive development of socialism and the building of the state anti-epidemic capability full of confidence and optimism about sure victory, successfully securing the favorable situation in the war against the malignant pandemic disease under the leadership of the great Party Central Committee.
- Vice Department Director of WPK Central Committee Makes Speech at Anti-Epidemic Work Reviewing Meeting KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Kim Yo Jong, vice department director of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, made a speech at the national meeting of reviewing the emergency anti-epidemic work.
- Speech of Commander of Pyongyang City Emergency Anti-epidemic Division KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Kim Yong Hwan, chief secretary of the Pyongyang City Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea who doubles as commander of the Pyongyang City emergency anti-epidemic division, made a speech at the national meeting of reviewing the emergency anti-epidemic work.
- Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un Has Photo Session with Participants in National Meeting for Reviewing Emergency Anti-Epidemic Work KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Kim Jong Un , general secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) and president of the State Affairs of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), had a photo session with the participants in the national meeting for reviewing the emergency anti-epidemic work on Wednesday.
- Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un Meets Officials and Scientists in Anti-epidemic and Public Health Sector KCNA 11 Aug 2022 -- Kim Jong Un , general secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and president of the State Affairs of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, on August 10 met and congratulated exemplary officials and scientists in the anti-epidemic and public health sector who contributed to winning victory in the maximum emergency anti-epidemic campaign.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|