07 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Monkeypox keeps spreading fast in U.S. with government response remaining sluggish People's Daily 07 Aug 2022 -- During the past days, monkeypox has been spreading at a faster pace across the United States, exacerbating the country's ongoing health crisis that results from the still-ravaging COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Beijing reports 2 new COVID-19 infections, tightens restrictions on entry Global Times 07 Aug 2022 -- Beijing reported two new infections of COVID-19 on Sunday including one who tested positive after returning from a business trip to North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. Beijing authorities raised the alert of preventing imported cases by placing strict restrictions on the entry to the city for people with a travel history to places where local infections have been reported, as imported cases are still considered the biggest risk to the city's current epidemic prevention.
- Four more cities in Hainan in 'static management' as 1,140 COVID-19 cases reported in a week Global Times 07 Aug 2022 -- The rapidly spreading Omicron BA5.1.3 variant that was first reported in Sanya, South China's Hainan has triggered at least four more cities in the province to impose what officials call "static management," in a bid to cut off the fast transmission chain that has resulted in a total of 1,140 COVID-19 cases in less than a week.
- Chinese mainland reports 337 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Saturday reported 337 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 297 were in Hainan, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 206.21 Cr India PIB 07 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 206.21 Cr (2,06,21,79,411) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,73,73,255 sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 07 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 Aug 2022
- India's daily COVID-19 caseload falls to 18,738 People's Daily 07 Aug 2022 -- India reported 18,738 new cases of COVID-19 during the past 24 hours, taking the total tally to 44,145,732 in the country, according to federal health ministry data released on Sunday morning.
- Iran's daily new COVID deaths at 63 IRNA 07 Aug 2022 -- Iran's Health Ministry on Sunday announced that 63 people had lost their lives to COVID-19 over the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 22,044 new COVID-19 cases, 42 deaths CNA 07 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 22,044 new cases of COVID-19, all but 273 of which were domestic infections, and 42 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Correctness and Scientific Accuracy of Nationwide Intensive Medical Checkups Ensured in DPRK KCNA 07 Aug 2022 -- Intensive medical check-ups of all residents is underway in the DPRK to finally defuse the epidemic-brought crisis across the country and completely restore the anti-epidemic stability.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 07 Aug 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, no new COVID-19 fever cases were reported from 18:00 of August 5 to 18:00 of August 6 throughout the country.
- Scientific Accuracy of Nationwide Intensive Treatment Ensured in DPRK KCNA 07 Aug 2022 -- Intensive medical check-ups of all residents is underway in the DPRK to completely defuse the epidemic-brought crisis across the country and restore the anti-epidemic stability.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|