17 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Trump Calls Hearings into January 6 Attack a 'Theatrical Production' VOA 17 Jun 2022 -- Former U.S. President Donald Trump Friday sharply criticized the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, in his first appearance since the committee began its public hearings.
- Trump pressured Pence to overturn his 2020 election defeat, US House panel hears Press TV 17 Jun 2022 -- Former US President Donald Trump pressured his vice president, Mike Pence, to overturn his 2020 election defeat, aides to Pence told the congressional committee investigating the January 6, 2021 protest march on the Capitol when thousands of people marched against the certification of the November 2020 election which placed Joe Biden in office as the current US president.
- Pakistan Comes Closer to Exiting Terror Funding Monitor's 'Gray List' VOA 17 Jun 2022 -- A global agency combating illicit financing said Friday that Pakistan had "substantially completed" internationally agreed upon action plans to address their deficiencies to counter money laundering and funding to terrorist groups.
- Eight African countries report confirmed monkeypox cases: WHO People's Daily 17 Jun 2022 -- Eight African countries have so far reported confirmed monkeypox cases, with several more countries reporting suspected cases, announced the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa Matshidiso Moeti Thursday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Statement by President Biden on FDA Authorization of the First COVID-19 Vaccines for America's Youngest Kids The White House 17 Jun 2022
- Department of the Army announces updated COVID-19 vaccination statistics US Army 17 Jun 2022 -- The U.S. Army announced updated COVID-19 vaccination rates and exemption requests as of June 16, 2022.
- U.S. in COVID-19 complacency as threat returns: report People's Daily 17 Jun 2022 -- The U.S. COVID-19 pandemic response has become mild-mannered and performative, backed by neither money, urgency, nor enforcement, reported Kaiser Health News (KHN) on Wednesday.
- China stresses COVID-19 control at enclosed sites with people gatherings People's Daily 17 Jun 2022 -- A Chinese health authority spokesperson on Friday urged the full implementation of COVID-related regulations and strengthened virus control efforts at key enclosed sites with gatherings of people.
- Chinese mainland reports 23 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 17 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 23 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 11 in Beijing, six in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, and four in Liaoning, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Shanghai reports two confirmed, two asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 17 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported two confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and two local asymptomatic cases on Thursday, the municipal health commission said Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 195.84 Cr India PIB 17 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 195.84 Cr (1,95,84,03,471) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,52,19,258 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 518 India PIB 17 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has reached nearly 196 Crore (195,98,55,566) landmark milestone today. More than 13 lakh (13,14,094) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 17 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 17 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 1 more Iranian over past 24 hours IRNA 17 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran reached 141,361 with 1 more Iranian killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Friday.
- Taiwan reports over 100 COVID-19 deaths for 17th consecutive day CNA 17 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday reported 55,261 new COVID-19 infections and 154 deaths from the disease, the 17th day in a row with over 100 deaths, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 17 COVID-19 cases of BA.4, BA.5 subvariants CNA 17 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 17 COVID-19 infections on Friday from the newest Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 in people arriving from overseas, including the first BA.5 case involving a child, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Disaster Prevention Measures Taken in DPRK KCNA 17 Jun 2022 -- North Phyongan Province of the DPRK has taken stronger disaster prevention measures along with the intensified anti-epidemic work.
- Aid Materials Prepared by Officials of WPK Central Committee and Their Families with Sincerity for Households in Haeju City and Kangryong County KCNA 17 Jun 2022 -- Good deeds have been ceaselessly done in the DPRK, true to the noble intention "The people are God" of the great Party Central Committee which regards the unconditional service for the people as its revolutionary climate, impressing all the people.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 17 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 23 160 fevered cases, with over 28 430 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 15 to 18:00 of June 16 throughout the country.
- Anti-epidemic Tactic System Further Intensified KCNA 17 Jun 2022 -- The anti-epidemic and public health sectors are directing their efforts to establishing more detailed and scientific tactics while carefully watching the present anti-epidemic situation.
- Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un's Home-prepared Medicines Conveyed to Households in Haeju City KCNA 17 Jun 2022 -- All the people across the country are overwhelmed by the warm loving care of the respected General Secretary Kim Jong Un who achieves great victory in the anti-epidemic campaign with his noble outlook on devoted service for the people's wellbeing and the great love for them.
- Leading Officials of C.C., WPK Donate Medicines to Residents in South Hwanghae Province KCNA 17 Jun 2022 -- True to the noble intention of the respected General Secretary Kim Jong Un , Jo Yong Won, Ri Il Hwan, Kim Yo Jong and Hyon Song Wol, leading officials of the Organizational Leadership Department and the Information and Publicity Department of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK), Thursday asked the primary Party committees of their departments to send medicines prepared by their families with sincerity to households in Haeju City and Kangryong County of South Hwanghae Province where an acute enteric epidemic occurred.
- Australia Lifts One of Last COVID-19 Public Health Mandates VOA 17 Jun 2022 -- For many Australians, face masks are among the most visible symbols of the pandemic.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|