28 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Beijing to gradually return to normal with caution as Omicron flare-up effectively tamed in 37 days Global Times 28 May 2022 -- Beijing authorities on Saturday said the latest COVID-19 epidemic has been effectively contained after 37-day of combat against the ferocious Omicron variant. The city is gradually returning to normalcy with caution and targeted measures to tackle the risk of resurgence .
- Shanghai reports 39 confirmed, 131 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 39 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 131 local asymptomatic cases on Friday, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 71 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 71 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 39 were in Shanghai and 18 in Beijing, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Beijing testing lab staff punished for violations threatening anti-epidemic battle Global Times 28 May 2022 -- A total of 17 people from a nucleic acid testing lab in Beijing have had criminal compulsory measures imposed for hindering the prevention and control of infectious diseases, local officials revealed at a press conference on Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 193.13 Cr India PIB 28 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 193.13 Cr (1,93,13,41,918) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,44,45,929 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 498 India PIB 28 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 193.26 Crore (1,93,26,76,918) today. More than 12 lakh (12,17,432) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 28 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 28 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 4 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 28 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,306 with seven more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 80,881 COVID-19 cases, 127 deaths CNA 28 May 2022 -- Taiwan recorded 80,881 new COVID-19 cases and another single-day high of 127 deaths on Saturday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: May 28 CNA 28 May 2022 -- Taiwan reported on Saturday 80,881 new COVID-19 cases, including 80,835 domestic and 46 infected abroad, as well as 127 deaths, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Devoted Efforts of Anti-Epidemic Units in DPRK KCNA 28 May 2022 -- The emergency anti-epidemic units at all levels enhance their capabilities for guiding the anti-epidemic work, flexibly tackling any circumstances in the work.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 28 May 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 88 520 fevered persons (about 11 940 less than the previous day) and 118 620 recoveries (about 20 560 less than the previous day) were reported from 18:00 of May 26 to 18:00 of May 27 throughout the country.
- Maximum Alert and Mobilized Posture Maintained in Emergency Anti-Epidemic Campaign of DPRK KCNA 28 May 2022 -- All sectors and units in the DPRK further intensify the campaign for combating the malignant virus, thoroughly maintaining the maximum alert and mobilized posture.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|