27 January 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Maryland National Guard delivers masks, COVID test kits Army News 27 Jan 2022 -- The Maryland National Guard's 729th Quartermaster Composite Supply Company is delivering COVID-19 test kits and masks from a Strategic National Stockpile warehouse to Maryland nursing facilities, testing sites and vaccination clinics.
- White House Announces More Vaccine Donations with 300,000 to Tajikistan VOA 27 Jan 2022 -- The United States is marching ahead with sending free vaccines to lower-income nations, with the White House on Thursday announcing a donation of nearly 300,000 doses of the two-shot Pfizer vaccine to the landlocked central Asian nation of Tajikistan.
- E.China's Zhejiang COVID-19 surge caused by Omicron variant, independent from earlier outbreaks Global Times 27 Jan 2022 -- The epidemic flare-up in East China's Zhejiang Province, which has registered 14 local confirmed cases in two days, is an independent outbreak caused by the Omicron variant, health authorities said on Thursday. Imported materials from the food company where most infections occurred were also found with the variant in multiple samples.
- China's COVID-19 'Health Code' app reaps huge datasets on population Radio Free Asia 27 Jan 2022 -- China's "Health Code" app, that tracks the movements and immune status of COVID-19 cases and contacts, is reaping unprecedented amounts of data on the country's population, including residents of Hong Kong and Macau.
- Nearly 2.98 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 27 Jan 2022 -- Nearly 2.98 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of Tuesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Wednesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 163.84 Cr India PIB 27 Jan 2022 -- With the administration of more than 22 lakh Doses (22,35,267) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 163
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 377 India PIB 27 Jan 2022 -- In a landmark achievement, 95% of eligible population has been administered with first dose of COVID-19 vaccine in the country
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 27 Jan 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 27 Jan 2022
- National Regulator approves "Conditional Market Authorization" of two COVID19 Vaccines- Covaxin and Covishield India PIB 27 Jan 2022 -- The National Regulator, Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI), has given nod to market authorization of two COVID19 vaccines, Covaxin and Covishield subject to certain conditions, here today
- India reports 286,384 new COVID-19 cases SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- India reported 286,384 new COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 kills 30 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 27 Jan 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 132,333 with 30 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Iran's health minister says the country is practically in a sixth wave of coronavirus Press TV 27 Jan 2022 -- Iran's health minister Bahram Einollahi has declared the start of a new wave of coronavirus pandemic in the country as hospitals report increasing number of referrals with infections related to the Omicron variant of the virus.
- S.Korea Records 14,518 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- South Korea recorded 14,518 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours.
- Ministry of Health Reports 4,738 New COVID-19 Cases, 4,973 Recoveries in Saudi Arabia SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- The Ministry of Health (MoH) announced the registration of 4,738 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 4,973 recoveries in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during the past 24 hours.
- Taiwan reports 64 new COVID-19 cases, including 21 domestic CNA 27 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan reported 64 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, consisting of 21 domestic and 43 imported cases, with zero deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- 21 new domestic cases reported; link found between two Taoyuan clusters CNA 27 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 21 new domestic COVID-19 cases, one of which has been found to be the link between two clusters of unknown origin in Taoyuan, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan receives first batch of Pfizer COVID-19 drug Paxlovid CNA 27 Jan 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday received its first batch of Pfizer's COVID-19 treatment Paxlovid, as well as its final shipment of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Local governments detail footprints of COVID-19 cases CNA 27 Jan 2022 -- Local governments in Taiwan on Thursday listed the locations visited by several individuals confirmed to have COVID-19, and the authorities urged people who may have been in those same areas to get tested if they develop symptoms of the disease.
- Algeria Records 2,130 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- Algeria recorded, in the past 24 hours, 2130 new infections of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), along with 13 deaths.
- Palestine Records 4,548 New Cases of Coronavirus SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- Palestine recorded, in the past 24 hours, two deaths and 4548 new infections of the coronavirus.
- Morocco Records 5,560 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- Morocco recorded, in the past 24 hours, 5,560 new infections with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total number of infections to 1,120,087.
- Kuwait Records 6,515 New Infections with COVID-19 SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health reported 6,515 new infections with the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of infections to 521,341.
- UAE Announces 2,638 New COVID-19 Cases, 4 Deaths in Last 24 Hours SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced that it conducted 528,426 additional COVID-19 tests over the past 24 hours, using state-of-the-art medical testing equipment, according to WAM News Agency.
- Egypt Records 1910 New Cases of COVID-19 SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- Egypt recorded 1910 new cases afflicted with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and 29 deaths in the past 24 hours.
- Mexico Records 532 COVID-19 Deaths SPA 27 Jan 2022 -- Mexico's Health Ministry has reported 48,627 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 532 deaths, bringing the overall number of infections since the pandemic began to 4,779,296 and the death toll to 304,308.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|