30 September 2021 Security News
Other Security News
- US Tests New Domain Awareness Systems For Airspace Along Canadian Border, DHS Says Sputnik 30 Sep 2021 -- The US is evaluating cutting-edge air domain awareness technologies to protect the airspace along the nation's northern border with Canada, the department's Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate said on Thursday.
- Al-Qaeda Could Flourish With New Strategy Under Taliban Rule RFE/RL Gandhara 30 Sep 2021 -- Afghanistan's Taliban militants have promised the world for years that they wouldn't allow their country to be used as a terrorist base. In an agreement with the United States last year, the Taliban pledged specifically to not allow Al-Qaeda to "threaten the security of the United States and its allies" from Afghan soil.
- Terrorist groups could rebuild as soon as early spring in Afghanistan: Commander Press TV 30 Sep 2021 -- US Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman General Mark Milley says there is "a real possibility" that the terrorist groups, such as al-Qaeda or Daesh, could rebuild their ranks in Afghanistan as soon as early spring 2022.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. hospitals overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients as cases surge: media People's Daily 30 Sep 2021 -- Hospitals are overwhelmed since there has been a surge in COVID-19 cases in the United States, VOA news has reported.
- Child COVID-19 cases make up 27 pct of total cases in U.S.: media People's Daily 30 Sep 2021 -- Children accounted for nearly 27 percent of all cases reported in the United States, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has reported.
- Over 2.208 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in China People's Daily 30 Sep 2021 -- Over 2.208 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine had been administered in China as of Wednesday, data from the National Health Commission showed Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 16 imported COVID-19 cases, 6 local infections People's Daily 30 Sep 2021 -- Wednesday saw 16 imported COVID-19 cases and six locally-transmitted infections newly reported on the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Thursday.
- China stresses strict COVID-19 prevention during National Day holiday People's Daily 30 Sep 2021 -- Chinese health authorities have advised against letting down the guards on COVID-19 prevention and control during the upcoming National Day holiday, which starts on Friday.
- The Chinese way of fighting coronavirus for safety, growth People's Daily 30 Sep 2021 -- For over a year, the ravaging pandemic has put policymakers worldwide under the same but unprecedented test: how to manage the intricate balance between safeguarding public health and mitigating the economic impacts.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage crosses the landmark of 88 Cr India PIB 30 Sep 2021 -- With the administration of 65,34,306 vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage crossed the landmark of 88Cr(88,34,70,578) as per provisional reports till 7 am today
- COVID-19 Vaccination Update - Day 258 India PIB 30 Sep 2021 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has reached nearly 89 Crore(88,96,14,483) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 30 Sep 2021 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 30 Sep 2021
- COVID-19 kills 268 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 30 Sep 2021 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 120,428 with 268 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Iranian scientists achieve mRNA covid vaccine development technology IRNA 30 Sep 2021 -- A researcher at Celltech Pharmed medical company said that Iranian scientists have achieved mRNA technology used in Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.
- Iran receives second 6m-dose batch of COVID-19 vaccine IRNA 30 Sep 2021 -- The secretary general of Iran's Red Crescent Society (RCS) said that it had received the second six-million-dose batch of COVID-19 vaccine which is the 23rd consignment of vaccine the body has so far imported.
- Health Minister: 53 million Iranians vaccinated IRNA 30 Sep 2021 -- Minister of Health, Remedy and Medical Treatment Bahram Einollahi referring to the acceleration of the vaccination against coronavirus in Iran said that while in July five million doses of vaccines were injected now the statistics show that 53 million Iranians have been vaccinated.
- Taiwan reports seven new COVID-19 cases, zero deaths CNA 30 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan reported seven new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, all contracted overseas, and zero deaths from the disease for the third consecutive day, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan receives 656,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine CNA 30 Sep 2021 -- Taiwan took delivery of 656,000 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine purchased from the vaccine maker on Thursday afternoon, the second batch of vaccines it received that day.
- Taiwan receives 540,000 doses of BNT vaccine with customized labels CNA 30 Sep 2021 -- A shipment of 540,000 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT) COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Taiwan on Thursday, the first batch to be delivered with customized labels, after the labeling of the previous shipments caused political controversy.
- Taiwan president, vice president receive second local COVID-19 vaccine shots CNA 30 Sep 2021 -- President Tsai Ing-wen (è”¡è‹±æ–‡) and Vice President Lai Ching-te (è³´æ¸…å¾·) both received a second shot of the domestically produced Medigen COVID-19 vaccine on Thursday morning, as part of the government's efforts to encourage people to take the locally-made jabs.
- Algeria inaugurates production of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 30 Sep 2021 -- Algeria on Wednesday started manufacturing the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccines at a joint venture with China, which is located in the eastern province of Constantine.
- With Delta Variant Keeps Spreading Across Gaza, Local Doctor Warns Hospitals Might Collapse Sputnik 30 Sep 2021 -- The hospitals of the Strip do not only lack beds that can take in severe patients; they are also in dire need of ventilators, with the local authorities struggling to contain the situation.
- WHO: Most of Africa Has Missed 10 Percent COVID-19 Vaccination Goal VOA 30 Sep 2021 -- Fifteen African countries have succeeded in fully vaccinating at least 10 percent of their populations against COVID-19 by September 30, a goal set by the World Health Organization in May. However, that leaves two-thirds of the continent's 54 nations extremely vulnerable to the deadly disease.
- Australian State Blames Illegal Parties For COVID-19 Surge VOA 30 Sep 2021 -- COVID-19 infections have hit a new record in the Australian state of Victoria. Authorities blame rule-breakers for the latest surge in cases.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|