07 November 2020 Security News
Other Security News
- Suspected Al-Qaeda-Linked Militants Killed In Pakistan's Punjab Province RFE/RL Gandhara 07 Nov 2020 -- Two suspected Al-Qaeda-linked militants have been killed by Pakistan's counterterrorism police in an overnight operation in eastern Punjab Province, officials said.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- White House chief of staff tests positive for COVID-19: media People's Daily 07 Nov 2020 -- White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows tested positive for COVID-19, U.S. media reported on Friday night.
- U.S. sets new world record as single-day COVID-19 cases surpass 110,000 People's Daily 07 Nov 2020 -- The United States has set a new world record as its single-day COVID-19 cases topped over 110,000 on Thursday.
- US Has 3 Straight Days of Over 100,000 New COVID Infections VOA 07 Nov 2020 -- The U.S. reported more than 121,000 new coronavirus cases Friday, the third day in a row the nation has recorded more than 100,000 new infections.
- State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts California Department of Public Health 07 Nov 2020
- China's CanSino launches Phase III clinical trial of COVID-19 vaccine in Mexico, 1st group gets vaccinated Global Times 07 Nov 2020 -- One of China's vaccine developers announced on Saturday that it has launched the Phase III clinical trial for its COVID-19 vaccine in Mexico and has successfully vaccinated the first group of subjects.
- E.China city finds coronavirus on outer packaging of imported frozen pork Global Times 07 Nov 2020 -- Package of frozen pork imported to Dezhou, East China's Shandong Province were detected positive for the novel coronavirus, the local government announced on Saturday, noting that all close contacts of the item tested negative for the virus.
- No infections among 56,000 people who traveled abroad after receiving Sinopharm-developed COVID-19 vaccine: developer Global Times 07 Nov 2020 -- None of the 56,000 people who were inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine and travelled abroad have contracted the coronavirus, Sinopharm's chairman said on Friday.
- China donates more medical supplies to Myanmar to help fight COVID-19 Global Times 07 Nov 2020 -- China on Friday donated more medical supplies to Myanmar to help fight COVID-19.
- China approves two COVID-19 antigen test kits People's Daily 07 Nov 2020 -- China's national medical product regulator has granted market approval to two antigen test kits that can detect COVID-19 and provide results within 20 minutes.
- Strict COVID-19 containment measures meant to reduce cross-infection: FM spokesperson People's Daily 07 Nov 2020 -- China's strengthened COVID-19 containment measures for people coming to the country are conducive to consolidating its anti-epidemic results and minimizing the risk of cross-infection in transit, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Nov 2020 -- No new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Friday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- 33 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 07 Nov 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Saturday that 33 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Friday.
- Britain Begins COVID Mass Testing in Liverpool VOA 07 Nov 2020 -- As Britain battles a surge in coronavirus infections with a nationwide monthlong lockdown, an ambitious mass testing pilot project has been launched in the northwestern city of Liverpool. Anyone who lives or works in the city and comes forward will be given a free test, whether they show symptoms of COVID-19 or not. Sabina Castelfranco has more from London.
- Romania imposes 30-day curfew as daily new COVID-19 infections surpass 10,000 People's Daily 07 Nov 2020 -- The Romanian government decided to impose a nationwide curfew and other stricter measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, the head of the Department for Emergency Situations Raed Arafat announced on Friday.
- New Recoveries more than New Cases since the last 35 days India PIB 07 Nov 2020 -- India's daily new recoveries have been exceeding the daily new cases since more than a month.
- Official: COVID-19 kills 423 more in Iran IRNA 07 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Saturday that some 423 more Iranians have died from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 37,832.
- South Korea Reports 89 New Coronavirus Cases SPA 07 Nov 2020 -- South Korea's new coronavirus cases fell below 100 on Saturday, Yonhap News Agency reported.
- S. Korea to Maintain Lowest Level of Social Distancing Amid COVID 19 Potential Resurgence SPA 07 Nov 2020 -- South Korea will maintain Level 1 social distancing regulations under a revised five-tier scheme as the average daily number of new cases remains below 100 this week, Yonhap quoted the health authority as saying today, on Friday.
- Japan Reports over 1,000 Virus Cases for 3rd Day, Winter Seen Riskier SPA 07 Nov 2020 -- Japan reported 1,323 new coronavirus cases today, on Saturday, with record daily cases on the northernmost main island of Hokkaido and in the urban prefecture of Kanagawa, according to a Kyodo News tally based on official data.
- Health Ministry: 407 New Cases Detected, 433 New Recoveries, in Saudi Arabia SPA 07 Nov 2020 -- The Ministry of Health announced in a statement here today that 407 new confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, bringing the total number to 350,229, including 7,738 active cases undergoing treatment.
- Saudi Press: Saudi Arabia's Efforts in Confronting Covid-19 Extend Regionally and Internationally SPA 07 Nov 2020 -- Saudi newspapers highlighted in their editorials today a number of issues at local, regional and international arenas.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|