Federal Service of Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC)
The Federal Service of Military-Technical Cooperation is the federal executive power body exercising the control and monitoring functions in the sphere of military-technical cooperation of the Russian Federation with other countries.
The activity of the FSMTC is being managed by the president of the Russian Federation. The FSMTC of Russia is a lower organization of Department of Defense of Russia that coordinates and controls its activity. The main tasks, functions, latitudes and also accountability of the FSMTC are fixed in the statute of the FSMTC of Russia, approved by the decree of the president of the Russian Federation of the 16 of August 2004. ? 1083.
Mikhail Arkadievich Dmitriev is a manager of the Federal Service of Military-Technical Cooperation.
The main task of the FSMTC of Russia consists in the exercising of control and monitoring in the sphere of military-technical cooperation under the Russian Federation legislation.
The FSMTC of Russia makes decisions:
- on Russian Federation imports and exports of the production of military purpose under the order set by the president of the Russian Federation;
- on the license issuing to the subjects of the military-technical cooperation for imports and exports of the production of military purpose under the established order;
- on granting to the organizations- developers and producers of the production of military purpose the right for exercising the foreign deal in munition, particularly in the sphere of supply of spare part, aggregates, units, devices, components, special instructional and accessory property, technical documentation for the previously delivered production of military purpose, realization of operations for examination, calibration, lengthening of working period, technique services, repair, including modernization, utilization and other works, guaranteeing complex servicing of the previously delivered production of military purpose, and also foreign specialists training for exercising the mentioned operations under authorization of the president of the Russian Federation;
- on the revocation of the mentioned rights of the named organizations under the established order with informing about such revocation of the minister of Defense of the Russian Federation;
- on the organization of the exhibitions and shows of the munition samples on the territory of the Russian Federation and abroad under the order, set by the Government of The Russian Federation.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|