Tower of Babel
Genesis 11: 1 - 9
- And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
- And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found
a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
- And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them
thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
- And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top
may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered
abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
- And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children
of men builded.
- And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one
language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained
from them, which they have imagined to do.
- Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they
may not understand one another's speech.
- So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all
the earth: and they left off to build the city.
- Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there
confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter
them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list
Page last modified:
09-07-2011 02:47:32 ZULU