MH 5. Bocskai István Lövészdandár Infantry Brigade
The essential purpose of the military organization is the armed protection of the country and the state border, as well as participation in crisis management. On September 29, 1990, the brigade picked up the name of István Bocskai, Prince of Transylvania. In 2004, the former units in Nyíregyháza moved to Debrecen and Hajdúhadház. At the same time, two lightweight bomber battalions belonging to the Berzenyi Miklós Mechanized Rifle Bomber 62 of Hódmezovásárhely were also subordinated to the brigade.
Due to the changed security challenges and the objectives of the military reform, in early 2007 the team was reorganized. The Minister of Defense established the Hungarian Army 5th Bocskai István Lövészdandert with effect from 1 March 2007. This year, the independent reconnaissance battalion, formerly called Eger, was named 24. Gergely Bornemissza Reconnaissance Battalion - Debrecen Garrison, the subordinate reconnaissance battalion of the brigade. An important event for the brigade was the donation ceremony held on 3 February 2011, in which Csaba Hende minister of defense passed the flag of the legendary 39th Imperial and Royal Infantry Regiment to the commander of the 1st battalion battalion.
On 01 November 1951 the brigade's predecessor unit was set up. In the 1960s, special training tasks performed. Such was the training of professional NCOs, professional officer students, and short-performing military service training. After 1987, the regiment was reorganized as mechanized Infantry Brigade. In 1990, prepartions began for its move to Debrecen, which was completed in 1991. On 29 September 1990 the brigade took the name of Bocskai, in commemoration the prince of Transylvania. In 1996, the 2nd Rifle Battalion was added, and by 2000 the brigade had three Battalions, (the brigade training base was locatedin the third garrison).
In 2004, the former garrisons located in Nyíregyháza, Debrecen and Hajdúhadház were moved. At the same time, the brigade was subordinated to the former 62nd Nicholas Bercsényi Mechanized Infantry Brigade of two battalions of light infantry, including the military garrison of three organizations to carry out its tasks. From 1 April 2004 the brigade was called the 5th Hungarian Army Bocskai Light Infantry Brigade. The year 2004 closed on 03 November as the last conscripted soldier was. Since that time the entire staff of the Hungarian Army "professional" forces to implement the obligations deriving from national and international responsibilities.
With the changed security challenges and the objectives of the reform of the armed forces in early 2007, the Brigade was again reorganized. The decision 30/2007 (HK 4.) of the Defence Minister of the Republic of Hungary founded the Hungarian Army, 5th Bocskai Infantry Brigade with effect from 01 March 2007. In the year 2007 a priority task of the Hungarian Army was integration of professional and contract soldiers, and the elimination of redundant garrisons. So an independent reconnaissance battalion was displaced into the garrison brigade as a subordinate reconnaissance battalion. In addition to the Scout battalion, the MH 37/4 Török Ignác Engineering Construction Battalion battalion 2004. Also a subordinate brigade Operation Technical Support Battalion was added. In 2007, the brigade's major tasks were the forging of the full implementation and integration work of the mission tasks of the organization changes in the new management system design. Main task of the disaster management system developed jointly with communication, which helps when the flood threat to the defense of those involved in the work.
The year 1604 witnessed the revolt of István Bocskai [Stephen Bocskay] and the Protestants of upper Hungary against government persecution. They were joined by the Transy1vanian exiles under Bethlen Gabor. Exasperated by the imperial army and administration and by its intolerance, the Hungarian nobility from Upper Hungary and Transylvania revolted under Stephen Bocskai. Bocskay with the aid of the Turks made himself prince of Transylvania and master of upper Hungary. Perhaps the most remarkable incident belonging to these two centuries of struggle between Austria and Turkey for Hungary, relates to the religious vicissitudes that occurred there. The Reformation had struck root so firmly amongst the people, was so rapidly and so widely spreading, that Magyar-Orszag, as the Magyars denominate Hungary, seemed upon the point of becoming a completely Protestant state.
Stephen Bocskai and Bethlon Gabor were endowed with the qualitieswhich should have made men as good as they were great and real benefactors of their country, had they not suffered themselves to be impelled by an ambitious, a factious and sectarian spirit to attempt an impossibility, namely, the independence of a mere province;—and in the prosecution of the attempt to throw themselves into the arms, or more properly speaking, under the feet of the enemy of their faith, instead of using their ascendency to procure fair terms of union for Hungary and Transylvania with Austria.
The Hungarians argued strongly for the restoration of a Hungarian Protestant kingdom, even if vassal to the sultan. Step by step, the imperial court in Prague was obliged to abandon the Romanians (1604), to accept Stephen Bocskai as prince in Transylvania and in a part of Upper Hungary–Partium (Vienna Treaty, 1605), and to stop the Ottoman war (Zsitvátörök Treaty, 1606). In 1606 Rudolf's brother Matthias concluded the Peace of Vienna with Stephen Bocskay; the laws of Hungary were confirmed, freedom of religious worship is granted her, and the appointment of only native officials promised; Bocskay is recognised as prince of Transylvania and East Hungary. Matthias concluded a truce with the Turks at Zsitvatorok. Bocskay died later in the year.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|