|Variant||Gripen A||Gripen E|
|Wing span||8,0 m||8.6 meters|
|Length overall|| 12,0 m||15.2 meters|
|Weight|| Approx. 6.500 kg|
|Max take off weight|| Approx. 12500 kg||16500 kg|
|Combat turnaround air-to-air||10 minutes|
Gun, Missiles, Bombs, Rockets and Stand off dispenser
- internally-mounted 27mm gun
- Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM)
- Sidewinder or new generation Short Range Air-to-Air Missiles (SRAAM).
- Sea-Skimming anti-ship missiles.
- Advanced dispenser weapon systems (DWS).
- Air-to-Ground weapons (Maverick, Rocket pods).
- Active/passive Electronic Warfare (EW) systems.
- Internal and external reconnaissance systems.
- Three external fuel tanks.
Volvo Aero RM 12 (General Electric F404J)|
|Thrust|| 80,0 kN (18.000 lbs)||98 kN|
|Max Speed|| Supersonic at all altitude||Mach 2 (Supercruise)|
|Maximum Speed ||Mach 1 15 at low altitude|
Mach 2.0 at high altitude
|Climb||Less than 2 minutes from brake release to 10km (33,000ft), approx. 3 minutes to 14km (46,000ft)|| |
|Level Acceleration ||Approx. 30 seconds from Mach 0.5 to Mach 1.1 at low altitude|| |
|Turn Performance ||Sustained - approx. 20 4eglsec. Instantaneous - approx. 30 deg/sec. |
|Max. Load Factor||9g maximum sustained Nz |