Changsha ZhongNan Transmission Machinery Works
Changsha Aviation Industry Central Transmission Machinery Factory
("the South Drive"),
Changsha ZhongNan Transmission Machinery Works of Changsha Aviation Industry is a professional manufacturer of aircraft engine gear and reductor under the leadership of China Aviation Industry Corporation. Located in Wangcheng, Changsha, Hunan, China, it is a state-owned super large enterprise, with 2900 employees [in 2005], an area of 420000 square meters, the fixed assets of 450 million Yuan. It passed the quality certification of ISO9001 in 1994 and ISO9001:2000 in 2003. The nomenclature for this enterprise is ambiguous. The name "Changsha ZhongNan Transmission Machinery Works" states the enterprise is simply located in Changsha, while the names "ZhongNan Transmission Machinery Works of Changsha Aviation Industry" and "Changsha Aviation Industry Central Transmission Machinery Factory" suggest that it is a subsidiary of Changsha Aviation Industry parent company. But there is no "Changsha Aviation Industry" company.
Since the Factory was founded in 1965, it has developed and produced the gears and reductor for 40 models of training aircraft, fighter plane, cargo-transport plane, helicopters, and got four No.1 in China, I. E. The first propeller turbine engine gear; the first aircraft land gas turbine gear; the first military hovercraft fan transmission; the first helicopter middle and tail reductor. The Factory made a great contribution to the national defense industry in China.
Since the reform and open policy has been adopted in China, the Factory gives full play to the advantages of the advanced aviation industry technology, high level talents and advanced equipment to vigorously develop the civilian industry products. It has developed successfully six series products, i.e. The gearbox of the construction vehicles, marine gearbox, automobile gear, the precision gears in the mine machinery, textile machinery, steel wire rolling machine, tobacco machine, railway locomotives etc. And the special reductor.
The Factory has been rewarded in many years as the user friendly product unit and after service satisfaction unit by China Society of Quality Control (CSQC), national defense science and technology industrial quality control award etc. More than 30 projects have been awarded with the gold and silver prizes in state and province level. "Zhongchuan" trademark is the well-known trademark in Hunan province and the "well-known trademark " in China Aviation Industry Corporation.
The Technical Center of AVIC ZTMW is a work group with more than 30 years of practical experience and frontier spirit. It is a province level scientific institution, has more than 40 outstanding designers, including the experts with the title of state-level special contribution, professor senior engineers. It adopts the computerized management system and has purchased large scale analytical software such as CATIA, MARC, ANSYS etc. It has several laboratories on the electronic technology, hydraulic technology, transmission technology etc. It gives priority to the transmission technology and the products are used in many fields, such as aviation, aerospace, navigation, machinery, chemical industry, metallurgy etc. It has made a breakthrough on several technology bottlenecks for the big projects of the state. In recent years, it has established a comprehensive cooperation with National University of Defense Technology, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Beijing Institute of Technology and Central South University, and other well-known scientific research institutes and universities, so as to provide a powerful technology support on the design and development of the new products.
The development history of ZhongNan Transmission Machinery Works of Changsha Aviation Industry and the hard pioneering work of its employees are exactly the development history of China national defense industry and the rapid development of the national industry.
- 1965. The Factory was founded in Yuanling county, a beautiful town in west Hunan (The formal name is State-owned Wuyi Machine Factory of Ministry of Aerospace Industry).
- 1972. Successfully developing the high precision quasi hyperboloid helical bevel gear;
- 1986. Successfully developing the helicopter middle and tail reductor
- 1986. Successfully developing the fork truck hydraulic transmission series product so as to substitute the imported transmission from Japan;
- 1987. Successfully developing 15000 ton polyester short fiber equipment precision gear, a key project of the state, getting the commend letter from Prime Minister Li Peng;
- 1988. Fork truck hydraulic torque converter (YBQ323) wining the country-level quality gold prize.
- 1991. The factory was moved to Wangcheng, Changsha. .
- 1991. Successfully developing the high precision high speed wire rolling machine gear,; wining the gold prize of scientific-technical progress issued by Ministry of Metallurgy.
- 1994. Passed the quality certification of ISO9001;
- 1994. Becoming the state-owned super large enterprise;
- 1996. Registration of " Zhongchuan " trade mark;
- 2001. "Zhongchuan" trademark becoming "well-known trademark" in China Aviation Industry Corporation II;
- 2002. Marine gearbox getting the type certification issued by China Classification Society.
- 2002. The factory was renamed as ZhongNan Transmission Machinery Works of Changsha Aviation Industry.
- 2002. "Zhongchuan" trademark is rewarded as the well-known trademark in Hunan province.
- 2003. Developing together with Beijing Institute of Technology the loader intelligent electro hydraulic automatic transmission and going into production;
- 2004. National defense science and technology industrial quality control award etc. Passed the certification AS9100B issued by France BVQI Certification Center
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|