The submarine "Tikuna", an evolution of the Project Type 209/1400 (Tupi), received modifications in such a way structural as in its sensors, it had its construction initiated in May of 1996, at which time its incorporation to the Squadron was foreseen for March of 2005. President Luiz Inácio Squid Da Silva participated on 09 March 2005 in Rio De Janeiro of the baptism of the Tikuna submarine, that will pass, from December, to be fifth of the fleet of this type of ship of the Brazilian Navy.
The Armory of Navy of Rio De Janeiro had to construct only one unit of the class, as submarine of the Class it was cancelled in favor of the SMB-10 Project. The Tikuna consumed nine years of work, the double of the planned time. The Navy if complaint of the chronic lack of mounts of money, what it is truth, also are fact that the admirals had spent much energy in the period with the acquisition of the São Paulo aircraft carrier.
The Tikuna Project is of the Direction of Naval Engineering, with assistance technique of the German HDW. As result of the requirements generated for the operation of the Tupi Class for the Brazilian Navy. It is plus a stage in the Program of Submarines of the MB, that will have to culminate in 2020 with the construction of first sub nuclear of Brazil.
The length of the pressure hull of the Tikuna is increased in 0.85m in relation to the Tupi. The displacement will be 1,600 tons. The sensors and periscopes will be similar to the ones of the classroom "Tupi".
The main modifications to be introduced in the Tikuna, as well as, in the SMB-10 and the SNA are:
- 1-Grupos motion-generators of bigger power.
- Global 2-Redução in the level of radiated noise (NRI) and reduction of the indiscretion tax.
- 3-Instalação of a group of osmosis reversa for the water production candy.
- 4-Instalação of an Integrated System of Direction of Shot, ISUS 83-13, which allows to total interchageability of consoles of DT and the Sonar (Tikuna). In the Smb-10 all the CIC/COC will be of project and national manufacture.
- 5-Instalação of hydrophones to measure ambient noise and MAGE (ESM) with capacity of analysis of emissions, detected in the periscope.
- 6-Interfaceamento of the inertial system with the GPS.
- 7-Giros of bigger precision.
- 8-Tubos for launching of missiles anti-ship.
- 9-Maior number of hydraulical accumulators.
- 10-Substituição of the rotating converters for static.
- 11-Maior total radius of action.
- 12-Preparado to receive SAR and DRSV, individual rescue with possibility of simultaneous pressurization of two members of the crew and pointer of surface of submarine injured by an accident.
- 13-Assinatura lesser global acoustics.
In March 2005 the Command of the Sea launched the Tikuna, an attack submarine constructed in Brazil. President Luiz Inácio Squid Da Silva participated in the solemnity. The Tikuna is the fifth submarine of the Tupi class. The S34 Tikuna had specifications expanded for the engineers of the Direction of Naval Engineering. "It is a species of intermediate classroom, with basic peculiarities of German 209/1400 that it gives origin to the family, but very improved in relation it how much to the operational aspects", according to naval engineer Frank Irineu, who worked in the first phase of the program.
The S34 measures 62 meters and displaces 1,550 tons sailing under the water. The crew (34 sailors and technician, more eight officers) can remain 50 days in operation. The engines are diesel-electric. The maximum speed is of 25 knots. The combat systems are based on eight launching tubes of 533mm torpedoes. At the moment are used the English Tigerfish.
Another by-product of this program was the total qualification of maintenance of conventional submarines obtained by the Navy, the Tupi submarine passed for 10 PMG (Período de General Manutenção), had its hull cut to the way for the exchange of its batteries, beyond the general revision its systems, the Armory of Navy also acaba (em 2001) to make equal service in sub Santa Cruz TR-1700 of the Argentina Armed Forces. A new landmark for the shipyards of the Navy. Thus, becoming its maintenance item of basic importance for its efficient operation. After the first steps, and of the development of the technology of the manufacture of conventional submarines and its repair. The Navy will leave for the construction of its first nuclear submarine, unhappyly the program if it finds behind due to the successive cuts of mounts of money.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|