Maneuver Control System (MCS): MCS Block III
Maps and Overlays
- Provides automatic updates of friendly/enemy unit locations and Battlefield Geometry
- Tactical Overlay creation and editing features
- Terrain and mobility analysis and evaluation tools
- Three-dimensional Flight viewer
- Provides full OPLAN, OPORD, and FRAGO production capabilities using MS Word
- HTML and USMTF formatting capability.
- Capable of linking the UTO to an OPORD/OPLAN.
Unit Task Orgainzation (UTO)
- Provides a graphic/tabular view of unit org.
- Modifications of unit command relationships and task organizations.
- A link as annex A to OPORD.
- Capability to transfer UTO to other MCS.
- Provides updates via BCS3.
- Provides graphic/tabular displays of resource info. and combat resource strength.
- Employs green, amber, red, and black colors for standard resource levels.
- Provides graphic display of unit missions as they relate in time.
- Used to analyze course of action (COAs).
- Provides USMTF and VMF format capabilities.
- Message autoposting, autofilling, autoforwarding, and autosending capability available.
- Provides multiple addressing and message editing.
- Provides whiteboard interactive planning tool (SHOWME) for Commander/Staff to develop and "Wargame" Mission.
- Snapshot capability allows map screen backup with graphic tool to display/emphasize plans, ideas, and intent with audio and video.
- Provides access to archive and system files.
- Provides access to other system tools and utilities.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list
Page last modified:
07-07-2011 02:47:22 ZULU