- F-117 @ Elevon
- Lockheed Martin Skunkworks
- F-117A Nighthawk @ Holloman AFB
- F-117 @ CyberBob's Low Observables Page
- Stealth Secrets of the F-117 Nighthawk By Don Hollway
- F-117 @ [unofficial] Aircraft Defense Information Center
- PILOT OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES-F-117A - AIR COMBAT COMMAND INSTRUCTION 11-F117A VOLUME 3 - 3 MARCH 1995 -- [122kb PDF] This instruction, with its complementary Chapter 8, Local Operating Procedures, prescribes standard operational and weapons employment procedures to be used by ACC pilots when operating USAF F-117A aircraft.
- ANNEX F Common Solution/Concept List (U) Air Force Mission Area Plan (MAP) [as of 11 July 1997 - Rev 10] - Detailed and comprehensive Air Combat Command descriptions of weapon system modernization efforts required to satisfy known needs.
- F-117A Squadrons FY98 R&D Budget Request
- Placing Steel On Target Airman Magazine October 1996 --Overview of Nighthawk and stealth fight performance the Persian Gulf War.
- F-117A crashes near Baltimore Sept. 15, 1997 - An Air Force F-117A Nighthawk crashed Sept. 14, at 3 p.m. (EST) while performing a fly-by demonstration for an airshow at Martin State Airport, 12 miles northeast of Baltimore.
- Stealth fighters resume flying operations Oct 8, 1997 (AFNS) -- The Air Force resumed F-117 Nighthawk stealth fighter flying operations Oct. 2 after initiating a fleetwide safety inspection. The commander of Air Combat Command had directed a precautionary fleet stand down following the F-117 mishap at the Chesapeake Air Show, Maryland, Sept 14. Physical evidence found in the crash debris revealed a significant defect in a support structure in the left wing of the accident aircraft.
- F-117 accident investigation report released Dec 15, 1997 (AFNS) -- Air Combat Command released the accident investigation report Dec. 12 on the F-117A stealth fighter from Holloman Air Force Base, N.M., that crashed Sept. 14 near Baltimore, Md.
- F-117 stealth fighter logs 150,000 hours USIA 28 Aug 1998
- F-117 testers evaluate real-time information capability -- 04 August 1998 (AFNS) - IRRCA, or the Integrated Real-time Information into the Cockpit/Real-time Information Out of the Cockpit for Combat Aircraft flight test project, will greatly enhance the F-117's flexibility in combat.
- Downing a Stealth Jet: Shrewd Tactics or a Lucky Shot? By ERIC SCHMITT The New York Times April 11, 1999 -- A secret Air Force inquiry believes a combination of tactics, quick learning and luck came together in one brilliant moment. Serbian spotters in Serbia, and perhaps in Bosnia and along the Montenegrin coast, may have patched together enough quick glimpses of the warplane from scattered radars to track the elusive aircraft, however briefly, to fire an SA-3 missile from a battery near Belgrade.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|