The Largest Security-Cleared Career Network for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - JOIN NOW

Military


B377MG Mini Guppy

The Mini Guppy first flew on May 24, 1967 and was a modification of a Boeing 377 originally built in 1949 (SN 15937). It was built with a swing-tail to improve cargo loading and had a bargo bay that was 18 ft in diameter and just over 91 feet long. The plane was operated by Aero Spacelines until 1974 when it was sold. After a number of owners, in 1988, it was sold to Erickson Air Crane who used it to carry heavy equipment. In 1995 Erickson retired it to the Tillamook Air Museum where it is on display on a low rise just north of the Museum.



NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list



 
Page last modified: 07-07-2011 02:27:29 ZULU