Operation Northern Watch - References
- Air and Space Expeditionary Forces Rotate into Operation Northern Watch 16 Dec 2002-- More than 1,000 airmen are replacing Operation Northern Watch veterans as the Air and Space Expeditionary Force system performs its regular three-month rotation from late November through the first part of December.
- United Kingdom House of Commons Defence Committee Report on Iraqi No-Fly Zones 26 July 2000
- Critical Analysis of Using No-Fly Zones to Support National Objectives Michael V McKelvey; Matthew R Schwonek (Faculty Advisor) Air Command and Staff College 1997 - No-fly zones are an effective strategy for US forces.
- Operation Northern Watch AFEM eligibility expands (AFPN) 23 September 1999 -- The Joint Chiefs of Staff announced expansion of the area of eligibility for the award of the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for Operation Northern Watch for the period of Jan. 1, 1997 through a date to be determined.
- Air Operations Continue Despite Turkish Strike By Linda D. Kozaryn American Forces Press Service 12 August 1998 -- Air operations over northern Iraq continuedespite a labor strike that has closed base services and restricted U.S. personnel throughout Turkey.
- Operation Northern Watch scores 100 percent mission rate : 2 Nov 1998 (AFPN) -- Operation Northern Watch scored the best operational month yet in its nearly two year history with 100 percent mission effectiveness for October. ONW replaced Operation Provide Comfort in January 1997.
- British Reconnaissance Intelligence Centre vital to ONW mission Operation Northern Watch Public Affairs 21 Apr 1999 -- Before pilots can drop bombs on targets such as antiaircraft artillery or missile sites, those sites must be identified. For Operation Northern Watch, the Royal Air Force's Reconnaissance Intelligence Centre accomplishes this mission.
- Operation Northern Watch 404
- News from Operation Northern Watch 404
- Operation Northern Watch @ EUCOM
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|