Operation New Dawn
- Cone briefs media about new command, new mission, way ahead Army News 02 Sep 2010 -- Fort Hood and III Corps commander Lt. Gen. Bob Cone provided an update about the new mission in Iraq.
- Operation New Dawn: Change of mission no problem for Task Force Marne Army News 02 Sep 2010 -- Maj. Gen. Tony Cucolo: "I appreciated and welcomed the surge of coverage [of Iraq] during the last two weeks of August."
- Remarks by Vice President Joseph Biden at the Change of Command Ceremony for United States Forces-Iraq The White House 01 Sep 2010
- Speech: Gates at United States Forces Iraq Change of Command DoD 01 Sep 2010
- Press Availability with Secretary Gates from Ramadi, Iraq DoD 01 Sep 2010
- What Will U.S. Troops Do In Iraq Now? RFE/RL 01 Sep 2010 -- US President Barack Obama has kept his promise to draw down the number of US troops in Iraq to fewer than 50,000 by September 1.
- Mullen Notes Iraq's Progress from 'Desperate' Situation AFPS 01 Sep 2010 -- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff paused to take stock of the progress he’s seen in Iraq since he took office in 2007.
- Gates: War in Iraq Over, U.S. Transitioning to Iraqi Forces AFPS 01 Sep 2010 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates: The war in Iraq is over and the United States is entering the final phase of the U.S. engagement in Iraq.
- Biden: U.S. Effort in Iraq Goes On Despite Mission Change AFPS 01 Sep 2010 -- Vice President Joe Biden: Combat operations may be over in Iraq, but the U.S. military and diplomatic endeavor remains.
- US in Final Phase of Iraq War VOA 01 Sep 2010 -- The United States has marked the official end of combat operations in Iraq and the beginning of a transitional operation called "New Dawn."
- Iraqi mission over, U.S. to address domestic problems - Obama RIA Novosti 01 Sep 2010 -- President Barack Obama: Operation Iraqi Freedom is over, and the United States will address domestic problems.
- Gates, Biden Preside Over Launch Of Operation New Dawn In Iraq RFE/RL 01 Sep 2010 -- US VP Biden and Defense Secretary Gates presided over the launch of Operation New Dawn.
- Remarks by the President in Address to the Nation on the End of Combat Operations in Iraq The White House 31 Aug 2010
- Full Text: Boehner Addresses the 92nd American Legion National Convention House Republican Leader John Boehner 31 Aug 2010 -- Remarks to the 92nd American Legion National Convention - As Prepared For Delivery
- Remarks by the President During Fort Bliss Army Base Visit The White House 31 Aug 2010
- Press Gaggle by Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton and Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes aboard Air Force One en route Fort Bliss, Texas The White House 31 Aug 2010
- Iraq reaches New Dawn, ends combat operations Army News 31 Aug 2010 -- Beginning Sept. 1, the ongoing U.S. presence in Iraq will be coined "Operation New Dawn."
- Obama: Time To Turn The Page On Iraq VOA 31 Aug 2010 -- President Barack Obama has announced that the US combat mission in Iraq is over.
- Obama Marks End of Iraq Combat Mission VOA 31 Aug 2010 -- US President Obama says many challenges remain in Iraq, and that his speech to the nation is not a "victory lap."
- Gates: No Victory Celebration for Iraq as Mission Changes VOA 31 Aug 2010 -- US Defense Secretary Robert Gates told an American veterans' group it is not time to celebrate victory in Iraq.
- Iraq Has Chance Now, Thanks to US Servicemembers AFPS 31 Aug 2010 -- It is thanks to the blood, sweat and tears of American servicemembers that Iraq has the chance for political freedom.
- Biden Visits Iraq to Mark Operation New Dawn AFPS 31 Aug 2010 -- Vice President Joe Biden is in Iraq meeting with U.S. and Iraqi leaders about the new U.S. mission there.
- VP Biden Meets Iraqi Leaders to Mark US Troop Drawdown VOA 31 Aug 2010 -- US Vice President Joe Biden is in Iraq for talks with the country's top leaders.
- Obama Thanks Servicemembers for Iraq War Contributions AFPS 31 Aug 2010 -- President Obama traveled to Fort Bliss, Texas, to pay tribute to the post’s servicemembers.
- Combat, Hardship Pays Remain for Troops Serving in Iraq AFPS 31 Aug 2010 -- The change from Operation Iraqi Freedom to Operation New Dawn does not affect combat and other hazardous-duty entitlements.
- Iraqi Commanders Say They Are Ready to Handle Security VOA 31 Aug 2010 -- As U.S. forces formally hand over control to the Iraqi Security Services, there are questions as to whether the Iraqi army is up to the challenge.
- Iraqi PM Says Country Can Handle Security VOA 31 Aug 2010 -- Iraqi PM al-Maliki says his country's security forces are ready to assume full responsibility of keeping Iraq and its citizens safe.
- Maliki Welcomes 'Independence' RFE/RL 31 Aug 2010 -- The US formally ends its combat operations in Iraq today, more than seven years after the U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein's regime.
- US Declaring Formal End Of Iraq Combat RFE/RL 31 Aug 2010 -- The United States is preparing to formally declare the end of its combat operations in Iraq.
- Obama Marks End of Iraq Combat Mission VOA 31 Aug 2010 -- US President Barack Obama is visiting troops at a Texas army base as he prepares to mark the end of the U.S. combat mission in Iraq.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|