- The U.S. Army In The Occupation of Germany 1944-1946 by Earl F. Ziemke Center of Military History: Army Historical Series 1975 -- This volume provides an authoritative account of the role of the US Army in military government and occupation of Germany from the inception of planning until the relative separation of military government and tactical troops in 1946.
- A Brief History of the 2d Marines Revised by Captain Robert J. Kane, USMC MARINE CORPS HISTORICAL REFERENCE PAMPHLET 1970 -- "A Brief History of the 2d Marines" is a concise narrative of regiments bearing the designation "2d" prior to 1913, and of the 2d Marines since its initial organization over a half-century ago. Official records and an update of appropriate historical works were used in compiling this chronicle. It is published for the information of those interested in events in which the 2d Marines have participated.
- Mosin-Nagant Rifle US Army Ordnance Corps, 1954
- The Military Affairs of Ancient Rome & Roman Art of War in Caesar's Time By Lt. Col. S.G. Brady [1947 The Military Service Publishing Company]
- Naming World War II 11 September 1945
- Smedley Butler on Interventionism Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933
- War is the Health of the State Randolph Bourne  "If the State's chief function is war, then the State must suck out of the nation a large part of its energy for its purely sterile purposes of defense and aggression."
- THE NEW NAVY. WHAT SHALL BE THE NEXT STEP IN NAVAL RECONSTRUCTION? November 20, 1890
- The Military Institutions of the Romans (De Re Militari) By Flavius Vegetius Renatus, Translated from the Latin by Lieutenant John Clarke [Text written in 390 A.D. British translation published in 1767].
- MELIAN DIALOG - EXCERPT The History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides 431 BC
- SUN TZU ON THE ART OF WAR Translated from the Chinese By LIONEL GILES, M.A. (1910) Sun Tzu must have lived in the age of Ching Wang [519-476 BC], because he is frequently plagiarized in subsequent works of the Chou, Ch`in and Han dynasties. Introduction by Lionel Giles
- THE UNITED NATIONS TO-DAY AND TO-MORROW Published for the United Nations Information Organisation in 1945.
- PRINCE SIHANOUK AND THE NEW ORDER IN SOUTHEAST ASIA 1964
- Communism and Cambodia 1972
- End of Tour Report 1972-1974 Military Equipment Delivery Team Cambodia
- The Short-Term Prospects for Cambodia Through the Current Dry Season May 1974 SNIE 57-1-73, 5 December 1973
- DEFENCE POLICY Winston Churchill (Hansard, 22 May 1935)
- ON THE PHILIPPINES "Mr. Dooley in peace and in war" Finley Peter Dunne, 1898 - "An' what shud I do with the Ph'lippeens? Oh, what shud I do with thim? I can't annex thim because I don't know where they ar-re. I can't let go iv thim because some wan else'll take thim if I do."
- EXPANSION "Mr. Dooley: In the Hearts of His Countrymen" Finley Peter Dunne, 1898 " We can’t sell thim, we can’t ate thim, an’ we can’t throw thim into th’ alley whin no wan is lookin’. An’ ’twud be a disgrace f’r to lave befure we’ve pounded these frindless an’ ongrateful people into insinsibility. "
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|