TFE Leader's Election Dozen
Focus: "Remove physical obstacles (to include human) that prevent freedom of movement to vote, and protect Stabilization Force (SFOR), Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), International Police Task Force (IPTF), Office of the High Representative (OHR), United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), European Community Monitoring Mission (ECMM) and other persons with "designated status."
1. Encourage civil and police authorities to contain violence and support freedom of movement. SFOR soldiers should be involved only as a last resort.
2. Deny movement to groups intending to impede freedom of movement or to commit violence.
3. Take appropriate action to divert voters likely to become victims of violence.
4. Don't place troops between two hostile crowds.
5. Only visit polling places in the course of official duties.
6. The right to search vehicles in the Zone of Separation (ZOS) is still in force. Outside the ZOS, search only if reasonable cause exists.
7. No political paraphernalia or weapons of any type are authorized on vehicles crossing the ZOS.
8. The right to regulate traffic flow still applies.
9. Appropriate force is authorized to protect SFOR, IPTF, OSCE and special status personnel and to prevent serious crimes.
10. Timely, accurate, complete reporting and communication at all levels are essential to successful conflict resolution.
11. Remember: "isolate," "dominate," "situational awareness," "multi-echelon/ multi-dimensional response."
12. The soldiers and units of TFE will display the characteristics of a tough, disciplined, competent, and professional military force at all times.
Appendix B: Election "Hot Spots"
Appendix D: Election Material Distribution Matrix and Timeline
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|