25 July 2021 Military News
- U.S. General Says Air Strikes In Support Of Afghan Army To Continue RFE/RL Gandhara 25 Jul 2021 -- The United States will continue to support Afghan forces fighting the Taliban with air strikes, a top U.S. general has said, as the insurgents make rapid battlefield gains ahead of the U.S. military's exit from the country.
- Rights Group: 33 Afghan Civilians Killed In 'Targeted Attacks' In Kandahar In Two Weeks RFE/RL Gandhara 25 Jul 2021 -- An Afghan rights watchdog says that 33 civilians, including activists, tribal elders, and journalists, have been killed in "targeted attacks" in the southern province of Kandahar in recent weeks.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III on the Recent Confirmation of Appointees DoD 25 Jul 2021
- Austin Says Alaska Is Strategic Hotspot for Indo-Pacific, Arctic Operations DoD News 25 Jul 2021 -- Alaska is a strategic hotspot for defending the United States, the Indo-Pacific region and the Arctic, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said during a visit to Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, yesterday.
- NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center Bahrain Supports Four Consecutive Aqaba Port Visits US Navy 25 Jul 2021 -- Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Fleet Logistics Center (FLC) Bahrain provided contracting and logistics support to four scheduled port visits in Aqaba, Jordan during the last three months.
- CNO Visits Tokyo, Meets With Senior Japanese Leaders US Navy 25 Jul 2021 -- Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Adm. Mike Gilday visited Japan July 25, to meet with Japan Ministry of Defense and Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) leadership.
- Putin Oversees Crowded Russian Naval Parade Despite Pandemic RFE/RL 25 Jul 2021 -- President Vladimir Putin praised Russia's naval capabilities during a large warship parade in the port city of St. Petersburg, which drew throngs of spectators despite high infection rates and record deaths from the coronavirus.
- PLA sea, land and air forces hold cross-sea exercises amid Taiwan secessionist moves Global Times 25 Jul 2021 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) continued intensive cross-sea exercises featuring sea, land and air forces amid the recent moves by Taiwan's secessionists to collude with external forces.
- Spartan to enhance response and engagements Australia DOD 25 Jul 2021 -- Defence is enhancing support for humanitarian disaster relief, crisis response and regional engagements by redefining the role of the C-27J Spartan aircraft.
- US is not superior to other nations, says Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi Global Times 25 Jul 2021 -- No country is superior to others, and China will never accept any country that thinks of itself this way, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Saturday prior to US deputy secretary of state Wendy Sherman's two-day visit to China starting on Sunday.
- Joint Statement on Cuba US Dept. of State 25 Jul 2021 -- The following statement was released by the Governments of Austria, Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ecuador, Estonia, Guatemala, Greece, Honduras, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Republic of Korea, Ukraine, and the United States of America.
- Kazakhs Elect Village Mayors In Direct Vote For First Time RFE/RL 25 Jul 2021 -- Voters in Kazakhstan's rural districts are casting their ballots in the authoritarian Central Asian country's first-ever direct election of local mayors.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|