23 June 2012 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Commander calls for command-wide investigation of inappropriate relationships AFNS 23 Jun 2012 -- Concerned by allegations of misconduct by Air Force Basic Military Training instructors, the commander of Air Education and Training Command has directed an investigation, led by a general officer from outside the command, that goes beyond BMT and includes all AETC initial and technical training units.
- George Washington Carrier Strike Group Operations in the Yellow Sea NNS 23 Jun 2012 -- U.S. Navy is conducting routine carrier operations in international waters west of the Korean Peninsula June 23-25.
- Civil Engineers Go Above and Beyond in Philippines NNS 23 Jun 2012 -- U.S., Australian and Filipino civil engineers worked together to leave a legacy of fun and laughter in a small Filipino village during Pacific Partnership 2012.
- Syrian president forms new government IRNA 23 Jun 2012 -- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad formed a new government with Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem, the defence and interior ministers remaining in their posts.
- Syria Says Intercepts Turkish Fighter RIA Novosti 23 Jun 2012 -- The Syrian armed forces command said it had shot down a Turkish F-4 Phantom fighter over Syria, Syrian state news agency SANA reported on Saturday.
- Turkey, Syria Not Yet Found Pilots of Downed Jet RIA Novosti 23 Jun 2012 -- The Naval Forces of Turkey and Syria have not yet found two pilots of the Turkish warplane, shot down by Syria's air defense forces on Friday, in the Mediterranean Sea during a two-day search and rescue activities, Turkey's NTV television channel reported on Saturday.
- Turkey's President: Warplane May Have Crossed Syrian Border VOA 23 Jun 2012 -- ISTANBUL, Turkey - Syria says it shot down a Turkish fighter jet because it trespassed on Syria's territorial waters. In Turkey, the government has reacted carefully and cautiously to this potentially explosive incident; the prime minister says Turkey will respond once all the facts are known. A search is still under way for the two pilots from the downed plane.
- Israel 'Continues Gaza Strikes' RIA Novosti 23 Jun 2012 -- Israel launched more airstrikes on the Gaza Strip overnight, after an attack on Friday in which two people were killed, al Jazeera television reported, citing Palestinian health officials.
- Israel Launches More Air Strikes on Gaza, 3 Killed VOA 23 Jun 2012 -- JERUSALEM - Violence has erupted on the border between Israel and the Gaza Strip, which is ruled by the Palestinian militant group Hamas. At least one Palestinian has been killed and 24 others are wounded. One Israeli was also injured.
- Egypt Election Results to be Announced Sunday VOA 23 Jun 2012 -- Tensions are high in Egypt as election officials prepare to announce official results of the country's disputed presidential runoff vote on Sunday.
- Ahmadinejad: Justice-seeking nations should form united front against bullying powers IRNA 23 Jun 2012 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday called on justice-seeking and independent nations and governments to form a united front against bullying powers and international imperialism.
- UNSC chief: G5+1, Iran talks to lead to final agreement IRNA 23 Jun 2012 -- China's Permanent Ambassador to the United Nations Security Council Li Baodong said continuation of talks between Tehran and 5+1 will lead to a final agreement.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|