04 November 2007 Military News
- Press Conference: Operations, Air Component: Maj. Gen. Edgington, Rear Adm. Smith, Nov. 4, 2007 MNF-I 04 Nov 2007 -- Maj. Gen. David Edgington and Rear Adm. Greg Smith provide an operational overview and update on air component capabilities, including recent advancements, Nov. 4, 2007
- Nov. 3 airpower summary: A-10s provide airpower AFPN 04 Nov 2007
- Coalition, Iraqi Forces Detain 17 Suspects in Iraq AFPS 04 Nov 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces detained 17 suspects during recent operations in Iraq, military officials said.
- Coalition Air Component 'Remains Strong,' General Says AFPS 04 Nov 2007 -- The coalition air component in Iraq "remains strong," airlifting supplies and troops, providing surveillance and assisting ground forces with kinetic support, a senior Air Force officer in Iraq said today.
- Troops Repel Two Ambushes in Afghanistan AFPS 04 Nov 2007 -- Coalition and Afghan troops repelled two Taliban-led ambushes in Afghanistan recently, killing an unknown number of enemy fighters, military officials said.
- AFGHANISTAN: Displaced families in Farah need urgent help IRIN 04 Nov 2007 -- Hundreds if not thousands of recently displaced people in southwest Afghanistan are in urgent need of humanitarian assistance and protection, displaced families and provincial aid workers told IRIN on 4 November.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Air Force suspends some F-15 operations AFPN 04 Nov 2007 -- The Air Force suspended non-mission critical F-15 flight operations on Nov. 3 following the crash of a Missouri Air National Guard F-15C aircraft Nov. 2.
- Gates Arrives in China for Meetings With Leaders AFPS 04 Nov 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates arrived here today for meetings with Chinese civilian and military leaders.
- FAST Platoon Embarks For Crisis Response Exercise Navy NewsStand 04 Nov 2007 -- Forty-eight Marines from 2nd Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team (FAST), 4th Battalion embarked on the multi-purpose amphibious assault ship USS Wasp (LHD 1) Nov. 1 in Bahrain in support of a crisis response exercise.
- HM-15 Lifts Up Crisis Response Exercise Navy NewsStand 04 Nov 2007 -- Helicopter Mine Counter Measure Squadron (HM) 15 "Blackhawks" are providing air lift support for personnel and equipment aboard the multi-purpose amphibious assault ship USS Wasp (LHD 1) during a crisis response exercise off the coast of Bahrain that began Nov. 1.
- Wasp Hosts Kazakhstan Dignitary Navy NewsStand 04 Nov 2007 -- Kazakhstani Deputy Minister of Defense, Lt. Gen. Bulat Sembinov visited the amphibious assault ship USS Wasp (LHD 1) Nov. 1 as part of a theater security cooperation event aimed at enhancing international support of the coalition's efforts toward maintaining maritime security and stability in the region.
- Logistics Vital in Crisis Response Exercise Navy NewsStand 04 Nov 2007 -- Combined Task Force (CTF) 59 and other coalition logistic teams began the second phase of a crisis response exercise in the region on Nov. 1.
- Rice Calls on Israel to Take Bold Steps for Peace VOA 04 Nov 2007 -- U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called on Israelis to take bold steps for peace following talks with Israeli leaders in Jerusalem on Sunday
- Israeli Missile Strikes Kill Four Palestinians in Northern Gaza VOA 04 Nov 2007 -- Israel's foreign minister has told U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice that Israel's security must be ensured before it accepts the creation of a Palestinian state.
- Georgia says three Russian aircraft penetrated its airspace RIA Novosti 04 Nov 2007 -- Georgia's Defense Ministry said on Sunday that three aircraft allegedly penetrated its airspace from Russia.
- Israel acknowledges problems at talks with Palestinians RIA Novosti 04 Nov 2007 -- Israel's foreign minister acknowledged on Sunday that there were problems at talks with the Palestinians on a blueprint for a peace deal.
- Kurdish Rebels Free 8 Captured Turkish Soldiers VOA 05 Nov 2007 -- Kurdish rebels on Sunday released eight Turkish soldiers in northern Iraq, two weeks after capturing them in an ambush inside Turkey
- UN envoy begins discussions with senior Myanmar officials UN News Centre 04 Nov 2007 -- United Nations Special Advisor Ibrahim Gambari has returned to Myanmar where he has begun talks with senior officials on speeding up the process of democratization and national reconciliation in the troubled South-East Asian nation.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|