03 February 2007 Military News
- MNF-W PERSONNEL ATTACKED
- SOLDIER DIES OF APPARENT NATURAL CAUSES FOLLOWING PHYSICAL TRAINING
- Roadside bomb strikes MND-B patrol
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Feb. 3 AFPN 03 Feb 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Feb. 3.
- Truck and Car Bombs in Baghdad, Kirkuk Kill Scores VOA 03 Feb 2007 -- Iraqi police say a truck bomb in Baghdad killed more than 100 people and wounded more than 200 others Saturday
- Al-Qaida Claims Responsibility for US Helicopter Crash in Iraq VOA 03 Feb 2007 -- A group affiliated with al-Qaida in Iraq has claimed responsibility for the crash of a U.S. Army helicopter that killed its two crewmembers.
- Pakistan to go ahead with Pak-Afghan border fencing: Musharraf IRNA 04 Feb 2007 -- Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, announcing selective fencing of 35 kilometers of the Pakistan-Afghan border, called for joint control of the border, immediate repatriation of Afghan refugees and checking of finances to curb the resurgence of the Taliban.
- Chief of Staff visits Bagram Airmen AFPN 03 Feb 2007 -- Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. T. Michael Moseley and Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Rodney McKinley visited Bagram and Kandahar airfields Feb. 2 during a tour of Afghanistan.
- Battle Looms For Afghan Town Captured By Taliban RFE/RL 03 Feb 2007 -- Afghan and NATO forces are poised today to launch an assault on a southern Afghan town in a bid to recapture it from Taliban forces
Defense Policy / Programs
- 379th fights GWOT 24/7 AFPN 03 Feb 2007 -- Anyone who drives around the base at night will notice much of the 379th Air Expeditionary Wing has a 24-hour operating schedule.
- Bilateral Logistics, Interoperability Tested in Keen Edge Navy NewsStand 03 Feb 2007 -- Sailors and civilians, both U.S. and Japanese, at U.S. Fleet and Industrial Supply Center (FISC) Yokosuka are playing a key logistics role in support of the Navy's Keen Edge Exercise, which began Feb. 1.
- Rice Says Mideast Peace Process Can Defuse Palestinian Violence Washington File 03 Feb 2007 -- Since September 2006, Iraqi army and police, supported by U.S. forces, steadily have taken greater responsibility for security operations in the Salah ad Din Province north of Baghdad, according to a U.S. combat brigade commander based in the region.
- Fighting Between Rival Palestinian Factions Continues in Gaza VOA 03 Feb 2007 -- Fierce fighting between rival Palestinian factions is continuing in the Gaza Strip.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|