04 March 2006 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Explosion in Baghdad Kills 7, Wounds 20 VOA 04 Mar 2006 -- Iraqi officials say an explosion on the southern edge of Baghdad has killed seven people and wounded at least 20 others.
- Pakistani Soldiers Kill 25 Militants in Clashes in North Waziristan VOA 04 Mar 2006 -- Pakistani paramilitary soldiers have clashed again with Islamic militants in tribal North Waziristan, killing more than 25 militants. Three soldiers were also killed.
Defense Policy / Programs
- HS-2 Deploys with CSG 9 Navy NewsStand 04 Mar 2006 -- Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron (HS) 2, the “Golden Falcons,” deployed March 3 from Naval Air Station North Island on a Western Pacific deployment in support of Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 9.
- Juneau, Medical Team Complete String of Projects in Balikatan 06 Navy NewsStand 04 Mar 2006 -- U.S Army and Navy teams completed the final Medical Civil Action Projects (MEDCAP) on the island of Jolo, Republic of Philippines, March 2 as part of Exercise Balikatan 06.
- Pearl Harbor Sub Participates in Undersea Warfare Exercise with ESG Navy NewsStand 04 Mar 2006 -- The nuclear-powered attack submarine USS Pasadena (SSN 752) participated in an Undersea Warfare Exercise (USWEX) with the USS Peleliu (LHA 5) Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 3 near Hawaii Feb. 21-24.
- Defense Department Statement on Pakistan Partnership 04 Mar 2006 -- The defense relationship between the United States and Pakistan is a critical element of the War on Terror, and a key component of the security and stability of South Asia
- US, Pakistani Presidents Reaffirm Commitment to War on Terror VOA 04 Mar 2006 -- President Bush and Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf say they stand united in the war on terror, and stress they look forward to an era of enhanced cooperation
- Chechen Parliament Approves Ramzan Kadyrov As Premier RFE/RL 04 Mar 2006 -- The Moscow-backed parliament of Chechnya today unanimously approved the appointment of Ramzan Kadyrov as the republic's prime minister.
- Hamas Praises Russia for Hosting Talks VOA 04 Mar 2006 -- Leaders of the Palestinian militant group Hamas are praising Moscow for hosting controversial talks, saying Russia can be a major force in promoting stability in the Middle East.
- Attack by Three Israelis at Nazareth Church Sparks Riot VOA 04 Mar 2006 -- There's been trouble at one of the holy sites of Christianity in the Holy Land. At least eight people, including five police, were injured in the unrest.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|