03 December 2005 Military News
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- Iraqi and U.S. forces detain 18 suspected terrorists MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Eighteen terrorists were taken off the streets Dec. 1 as Iraqi and U.S. forces continue to hunt down and detain terrorists hiding in the north-central region of Iraq.
- Detainee dies at 344th Corps Support Hospital MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- A 67-year-old male security detainee was pronounced dead by the attending physician at the 344th Corps Support Hospital at 7:30 a.m. Dec. 2.
- Two members of PMOI abducted MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Two residents of the former Mujahideen e-Khalq headquarters at Camp Ashraf have been reported to authorities as abducted Aug. 4 in eastern Baghdad while on a routine logistics trip to Baghdad.
- Kidnapping victims rescued during vehicle search MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers rescued two kidnapping victims during a routine vehicle search at a checkpoint Dec. 1 in western Baghdad.
- Task Force Baghdad patrol destroys weapons cache MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Soldiers from 3rd Brigade, 1st Armored Division discovered a sizeable weapons cache while performing combat operations north of Baghdad Dec. 1.
- Iraq: 10 Marines Killed In Attack Amid Calls To Withdraw Troops RFE/RL 03 Dec 2005 -- Ten U.S. Marines have been killed by a bomb in Iraq, in one of the worst single incidents to hit U.S. troops in the war.
- At Least 11 Iraqi Soldiers Killed In Ambush RFE/RL 03 Dec 2005 -- At least 11 Iraqi soldiers have been killed after insurgents ambushed their patrol north of Baghdad.
- One Iraq Operation Ends, Another in Final Stages AFPS 03 Dec 2005 -- Operation Shank wrapped up today, officials in Iraq announced.
- Operation Iron Hammer enters final stages MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Operation Matraqa Hadidia (Iron Hammer) is in its final stages with the completion of construction of a long-term basing in the Hai al Becker region on the eastern side of the Euphrates River across from Hit and approximately 170 kilometers west of Baghdad.
- Operation Shank wraps up MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Iraqi Army and Coalition Forces wrapped up Operation Harba (Shank) in central and southern Ramadi today.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Israeli Troops Kill 2 Palestinians in Gaza Strip VOA 03 Dec 2005 -- Palestinian officials say Israeli troops have shot dead two Palestinians in separate incidents in the Gaza Strip.
- New Lankan government ready to resume talks with LTTE IRNA 03 Dec 2005 -- The new government in Sri Lanka headed by President Mahinda Rajapakse is ready to resume peace talks with the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) to find an amicable solution to the ethnic issue, Lankan Home Minister Saradh Amunugama said today.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|