03 December 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualties
- Iraqi and U.S. forces detain 18 suspected terrorists MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Eighteen terrorists were taken off the streets Dec. 1 as Iraqi and U.S. forces continue to hunt down and detain terrorists hiding in the north-central region of Iraq.
- Detainee dies at 344th Corps Support Hospital MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- A 67-year-old male security detainee was pronounced dead by the attending physician at the 344th Corps Support Hospital at 7:30 a.m. Dec. 2.
- Two members of PMOI abducted MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Two residents of the former Mujahideen e-Khalq headquarters at Camp Ashraf have been reported to authorities as abducted Aug. 4 in eastern Baghdad while on a routine logistics trip to Baghdad.
- Kidnapping victims rescued during vehicle search MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers rescued two kidnapping victims during a routine vehicle search at a checkpoint Dec. 1 in western Baghdad.
- Task Force Baghdad patrol destroys weapons cache MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Soldiers from 3rd Brigade, 1st Armored Division discovered a sizeable weapons cache while performing combat operations north of Baghdad Dec. 1.
- Iraq: 10 Marines Killed In Attack Amid Calls To Withdraw Troops RFE/RL 03 Dec 2005 -- Ten U.S. Marines have been killed by a bomb in Iraq, in one of the worst single incidents to hit U.S. troops in the war.
- At Least 11 Iraqi Soldiers Killed In Ambush RFE/RL 03 Dec 2005 -- At least 11 Iraqi soldiers have been killed after insurgents ambushed their patrol north of Baghdad.
- One Iraq Operation Ends, Another in Final Stages AFPS 03 Dec 2005 -- Operation Shank wrapped up today, officials in Iraq announced.
- Operation Iron Hammer enters final stages MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Operation Matraqa Hadidia (Iron Hammer) is in its final stages with the completion of construction of a long-term basing in the Hai al Becker region on the eastern side of the Euphrates River across from Hit and approximately 170 kilometers west of Baghdad.
- Operation Shank wraps up MNF-I 03 Dec 2005 -- Iraqi Army and Coalition Forces wrapped up Operation Harba (Shank) in central and southern Ramadi today.
- Military Says Articles in Iraqi Newspapers Were to `Get the Truth Out' VOA 03 Dec 2005 -- A key U.S. Senator says the military bought advertisements in Iraqi newspapers to promote the U.S.-led coalition's work in Iraq, but that some had been published without the disclaimer that they had been funded by the military.
- US General Won't Predict When Iraqi Forces Will Take Lead VOA 03 Dec 2005 -- The U.S. general in charge of training Iraq's new security forces declined Friday to predict when those forces might be ready to take a significantly larger role in fighting the insurgency, and enable foreign troops to begin to go home.
- Iraq: Kurds Claim Their Right To Oil RFE/RL 03 Dec 2005 -- Sunni and Shi'ite Arab leaders in Baghdad this week questioned the authority of the Kurdistan Regional Government after it began drilling for oil in the Dahuk Governorate.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|