24 July 2005 Military News
- Marine killed by explosive device near Ar Rutbah
- Coalition Forces catch terrorists, foil bomb attack MNF-I 24 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers detained two men shortly after finding an improvised explosive device in Baghdad's Furat district at around noon on July 23.
- U.S. Soldiers destroy mortars turned in by Iraqis MNF-I 24 Jul 2005 -- A patrol from 3rd Squadron, 7th Cavalry, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division discovered a cache of mortars July 22.
- Baghdad Car Bomb Kills at Least 40 Civilians, Police Report AFPS 24 Jul 2005 -- Iraqi police say at least 40 Iraqi civilians were killed and more than two dozen others were wounded today when a car bomb exploded at a market area near the front gate of the Al-Rashid police station here, military officials reported.
- Soldier, Marine Killed; Terror Suspects, Weapons Seized in Iraq AFPS 24 Jul 2005 -- A Task Force Liberty soldier was killed and two others were wounded during an indirect fire attack on a coalition forces base near Balad, Iraq, today, military officials in Baghdad reported.
- Soldiers capture insurgents, weapons and explosives MNF-I 24 Jul 2005 -- U.S. Soldiers captured more than 100 insurgents as well as weapons and explosives during a recent operation in the vicinity of Owesat.
- Two Iraqi Police Killed In Baghdad Attacks RFE/RL 24 Jul 2005 -- Two Iraqi policemen including a senior local officer were killed in attacks in the Iraqi capital today, in the latest strike against the country's security forces.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Transcript: Secretary Rumsfeld Media Availability Enroute to Kyrgyzstan 24 Jul 2005 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
- COTE D IVOIRE: Unidentified gunmen attack police stations in Abidjan suburb, occupy nearby town IRIN 24 Jul 2005 -- Unidentified armed men attacked two police stations on the outskirts of Abidjan on Saturday night and went on to occupy the town of Agboville, 80 km to the north, the armed forces of Cote d'Ivoire said in a statement read on out on state television on Sunday.
- Sharon Vows Tough Action Against Palestinian Militants VOA 24 Jul 2005 -- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is vowing "tough new measures" against Palestinian militants if they stage attacks during or after Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip
- Unidentified Assailants Attack Ivory Coast Police Stations VOA 24 Jul 2005 -- Overnight attacks on police stations have left at least five dead in Ivory Coast. The military in the country's government-controlled south has been placed on high alert, amid fears violence could escalate
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|