02 July 2005 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army and Navy Casualties
- Military working dog handlers: Abu Ghraib military police have passion for their unique trade MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- The Soldiers and Sailors of the Abu Ghraib K-9 unit are military policemen trained specifically to handle and care for their four-legged friends.
- Insurgent Bombs, Shootings Kill 30 in Iraq VOA 02 Jul 2005 -- A series of insurgent attacks across Iraq killed at least 30 people Saturday, including a number of police recruits.
- Coalition Forces seize weapons, terror suspects MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers seized three weapons caches on an island along the Tigris River near the Al Rashid district July 1.
- Operation Sword (Saif) update MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Iraq Security Forces and approximately 1,000 Marines, Sailors and Soldiers from Regimental Combat Team-2 , comprised of elements of 2nd Marine Regiment and the Army's 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 2nd Marine Division , continue conducting security operations along the Euphrates River between the cities of Haditha and Hit.
- Troops find weapons cache near Ar Ramadi MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces from the 1st Battalion, 1st Brigade, 1st Division and Coalition forces from the 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, uncovered seven weapons caches, a car-bomb factory and a roadside bomb making factory
- 155th BCT Soldiers catch suspected bombers MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Soldiers of 1st Battalion, 155th Infantry, 155th Brigade Combat Team, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) recently caught and detained three individuals suspected of emplacing improvised explosive devices northeast of Musayyib , Iraq .
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detain suspected insurgent with cache MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained one suspected insurgent with a weapons cache near Zab in Kirkuk Province July 2.
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Baghdad Recruitment Center RFE/RL 02 Jul 2005 --A suicide bomber strapped with explosives killed at least 12 people today outside a police recruitment center in western Baghdad.
- Suicide Bomber Kills 12 in Iraq; Suspected Insurgents Caught AFPS 02 Jul 2005 -- At least 12 Iraqis were killed by a suicide bomber shortly after 9 a.m. today in central Baghdad, military officials in Iraq said.
- Officials Announce Capture of Doctor Who Aided al Qaeda AFPS 02 Jul 2005 -- An Iraqi doctor who helped plan and carry out terrorist attacks and cared for al Qaeda members wounded in fighting has been captured, military officials in Baghdad announced today.
- US Warplanes Bomb Suspected Taleban Hideout VOA 02 Jul 2005 -- A bomb attack on a United Nations convoy in Afghanistan has killed six local security personnel. The violence comes as clashes between U.S.-led forces and suspected militants in southern parts of the country have left dozens of people dead, about half of them guerrillas.
- U.S. Planes Bomb Suspected Taliban Site RFE/RL 02 Jul 2005 --U.S. fighter planes bombed a suspected Taliban compound in a mountainous part of eastern Afghanistan as part of an ongoing search for a missing American military unit.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boxer Completes Talisman Saber 2005 Navy NewsStand 02 Jul 2005 -- USS Boxer (LHD 4), flagship to Australian Commodore Davyd Thomas, Combined Forces Maritime Component Commander (CFMCC), and Rear Adm. Victor Guillory, Deputy CFMCC, completed the inaugural Exercise Talisman Saber June 27.
- Palestinian Authority Invites Hamas to Join the Government VOA 02 Jul 2005 -- The Palestinian Authority has invited the Islamic militant group, Hamas, to join the government.
- Lebanon Urges UN To Extend Term of Peacekeeping Force VOA 02 Jul 2005 -- Lebanon is asking the United Nations to extend the term of an interim peacekeeping force, following clashes between Hezbollah militia and Israeli forces over the past three days along a disputed border area separating the two countries.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|