Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 July 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Military working dog handlers: Abu Ghraib military police have passion for their unique trade MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- The Soldiers and Sailors of the Abu Ghraib K-9 unit are military policemen trained specifically to handle and care for their four-legged friends.
- Insurgent Bombs, Shootings Kill 30 in Iraq VOA 02 Jul 2005 -- A series of insurgent attacks across Iraq killed at least 30 people Saturday, including a number of police recruits.
- Coalition Forces seize weapons, terror suspects MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers seized three weapons caches on an island along the Tigris River near the Al Rashid district July 1.
- Operation Sword (Saif) update MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Iraq Security Forces and approximately 1,000 Marines, Sailors and Soldiers from Regimental Combat Team-2 , comprised of elements of 2nd Marine Regiment and the Army's 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 2nd Marine Division , continue conducting security operations along the Euphrates River between the cities of Haditha and Hit.
- Troops find weapons cache near Ar Ramadi MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces from the 1st Battalion, 1st Brigade, 1st Division and Coalition forces from the 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, uncovered seven weapons caches, a car-bomb factory and a roadside bomb making factory
- 155th BCT Soldiers catch suspected bombers MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Soldiers of 1st Battalion, 155th Infantry, 155th Brigade Combat Team, II Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) recently caught and detained three individuals suspected of emplacing improvised explosive devices northeast of Musayyib , Iraq .
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detain suspected insurgent with cache MNF-I 02 Jul 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained one suspected insurgent with a weapons cache near Zab in Kirkuk Province July 2.
- Suicide Bomber Attacks Baghdad Recruitment Center RFE/RL 02 Jul 2005 --A suicide bomber strapped with explosives killed at least 12 people today outside a police recruitment center in western Baghdad.
- Suicide Bomber Kills 12 in Iraq; Suspected Insurgents Caught AFPS 02 Jul 2005 -- At least 12 Iraqis were killed by a suicide bomber shortly after 9 a.m. today in central Baghdad, military officials in Iraq said.
- Officials Announce Capture of Doctor Who Aided al Qaeda AFPS 02 Jul 2005 -- An Iraqi doctor who helped plan and carry out terrorist attacks and cared for al Qaeda members wounded in fighting has been captured, military officials in Baghdad announced today.
- EU to open office in Baghdad IRNA 02 Jul 2005 -- The EU's executive arm is seeking to improve its relations with Iraq by opening an office in Baghdad and start negotiations for a trade agreement, according to European Commissioner for External Affairs Benita Ferrero-Waldner.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list