10 April 2005 Military News
- Air Assault battalion makes 3rd ID history MNF-I/MNC-I 10 Apr 2005 -- The 3rd Infantry Division has fought in theaters all over the globe, engaging enemies with infantry, armor, artillery, aviation and just about every other possible type of asset during its history.
- VBIED wounds one Task Force Liberty Soldier in Baqubah MNF-I/MNC-I 10 Apr 2005 -- One Task Force Liberty Soldier was wounded in Baqubah when a vehicle-born improvised explosive device detonated near the Soldier's combat patrol at about 6:45 a.m. April 10.
- Multi-National Forces detain terrorists MNF-I/MNC-I 10 Apr 2005 -- Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) detained 13 suspected terrorists during operations in northern Iraq April 10.
- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detain three suspected terrorists in Ali Humaid MNF-I/MNC-I 10 Apr 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained three suspected terrorists in possession of self-incriminating evidence in Ali Humaid, east of Ad Dujayl in Salah Ad Din Province, at about 8:40 p.m. April 9.
Defense Policy / Programs
- ISRAEL/PALESTINIANS VOA 10 Apr 2005 -- Israeli police have blocked a demonstration by Jewish militants who tried to go up to a disputed holy site in Jerusalem to protest the Israeli government's plan to withdraw from Gaza and dismantle Jewish settlements.
- YEMEN: Concern over humanitarian situation as conflict resumes in Sa’ada IRIN 10 Apr 2005 -- Aid agencies are concerned about the humanitarian situation in the governorate of Sa’ada, 290 km northwest of the Yemeni capital Sana, following a resumption of fighting between government troops and supporters of the late Shi’ite dissident, Hussein Badr Eddin al-Houthi.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|