04 July 2004 Military News
- MNF-North: Mosul Airfield renovations begin transition to civilian use CENTCOM 04 Jul 2004 -- Renovations are underway to turn Mosul Airfield into a commercial airport, bringing international commerce and trade to northern Iraq. A ceremony was held Saturday to celebrate the first phase of the airfield construction and the beginning of the transition.
- In the middle of nowhere, 1st FSSG makes village home USMC News 04 Jul 2004 -- In a remote stretch of Iraq's western desert, closer to the border than to Baghdad, Marines and sailors of the 1st Force Service Support Group directly support the residents of this small camp.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Marines and sailors anchor in Vladivostok, Russia Marine Corps News 04 Jul 2004 -- One hundred twenty Marines and sailors, currently assigned to the Vladivostok Port Visit Detachment, 3rd Service Support Group, arrived here July 3rd.
- UNICEF/DARFUR VOA 04 Jul 2004 -- The United Nations children's fund, UNICEF, says at least half-a-million children have been traumatized by the violence and brutality of the war in Sudan's western region of Darfur.
- ISRAEL/PALESTINIANS VOA 04 Jul 2004 -- One Israeli and two Palestinians have been killed in renewed violence in the West Bank and Gaza Strip on Sunday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|