07 March 2004 Military News
- Explosions Rock Baghdad Near Coalition Headquarters VOA News 07 Mar 2004 -- Guerillas in Iraq fired at least 10 rockets late Sunday toward the so-called "Green Zone" in Baghdad where the U.S.-led authority has its headquarters.
- Task Force Olympia collects weapons, ICDC foils robbery CENTCOM Release 07 Mar 2004-- Soldiers from Task Force Olympia and the Iraqi Civil Defense Corps foiled a robbery attempt Saturday, and collected weapons and other explosives as part of ongoing Coalition efforts to make Iraq safer.
- 4th Infantry Division and Task Force Ironhorse operations CENTCOM Release 07 Mar 2004-- 4th Infantry Division and Task Force Ironhorse conducted 182 patrols and seven raids and captured 27 individuals Saturday and Sunday.
- Task Force Olympia detains nine, collects weapons in northern Iraq CENTCOM Release 07 Mar 2004-- Soldiers from 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) under the operational control of Task Force Olympia
- Iraqi Health Care Summit focuses on immediate needs CENTCOM Release 07 Mar 2004-- Leaders and political officials from several surrounding towns in the Qayyarah area came together for the Tigris River Valley Health Care Summit Thursday to discuss health care issues in this region south of Mosul.
- AFGHANISTAN ATTACK VOA 07 Mar 2004 -- Officials in southeastern Afghanistan say unknown gunmen have shot dead the local Red Crescent Society director.
Defense Policy / Programs
- NSSC Stands up on Subase Bangor Navy Newsstand 07 Mar 2004-- Naval Submarine Base Bangor has aligned itself with other submarine bases by standing up a Naval Submarine Support Center (NSSC) Feb. 27.
- LIBERIA/TAYLOR VOA 07 Mar 2004 -- International pressure to bring former Liberian President Charles Taylor before a war-crimes court is mounting, while at the same time the United States is seeking to freeze the assets of the west-African warlord.
- ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS VOA 07 Mar 2004 -- Israeli troops killed at least 14 Palestinians during fierce gun-battles with militants during raids into two refugee camps in the Gaza Strip. At least three children and 10 known Palestinian militants are reported to be among the dead.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|