28 September 2003 Military News
- Rice, Powell Discuss Iraq's Reconstruction, Iran's Nuclear Activities Washington File 28 Sept 2003-- National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice and Secretary of State Colin Powell spoke on several talk shows September 28 about reconstruction efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, President Bush's proposed $87,000 million supplemental appropriations package for Iraq, and Iran's nuclear activities.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Lockheed Martin and General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Sign Teaming Agreement for U.S. Navy BAMS Program Lockheed Martin 28 Sep 2003 -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] and San Diego-based General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc., (GA-ASI) have teamed to jointly pursue the U.S. Navy Broad Area Maritime Surveillance (BAMS) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) program. BAMS UAV is a $2 billion opportunity to provide the U.S. Navy with a persistent Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) capability.
- Chechnya: Head Of Pro-Moscow Administration In Serious Condition RFE/RL 28 Sep 2003 -- The acting head of Chechnya's pro-Moscow administration, Anatolii Popov, is in a serious condition today after suffering apparent acute food poisoning at a banquet.
- COLOMBIA/BLAST VOA 28 Sept 2003-- Suspected rebel militiamen detonated a motorcycle bomb in a nightclub district in western Colombia early this morning, killing 10 people and injuring nearly 50 others
- PALESTINIAN POLITICS VOA 28 Sept 2003-- As Palestinians marked the third anniversary of their infitada, or uprising, President Yasser Arafat's Fatah party put together a new Cabinet, which replaces a U-S-backed security chief with an Arafat loyalist
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|