30 August 2002 Military News
- DAILY PRESS BRIEFING BY THE OFFICE OF THE SPOKESMAN FOR THE SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 30 Aug 2002
- ISRAEL / LEBANON VOA 30 Aug 2002-- Israel has called on the United States to help prevent an escalation of violence along the border with Lebanon
Defense Policy / Programs
- BAE SYSTEMS completes sale of chaff and flare business to Esterline technologies BAE Systems 30 Aug 2002 -- BAE Systems North America completed the sale of its expendable defensive countermeasures business, located in Lillington, N.C., and East Camden, Ark, on 29th August 2002.
- Boeing Delivers 90th C-17 to Air Force Chief of Staff Boeing 30 Aug 2002 -- Boeing [NYSE:BA] has delivered the 90th C-17 transport aircraft to the U.S. Air Force. In a ceremony yesterday near the C-17 assembly plant in Long Beach, Calif., Howard Chambers, vice president and general manager of Boeing Airlift and Tanker Programs, presented the keys to the new C-17 Globemaster III to Gen. John P. Jumper, Air Force chief of staff.
- General Dynamics Awarded Army’s Objective Force Warrior Agreement General Dynamics 30 Aug 2002 -- General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) was awarded one of two lead technology integration agreements today for the U.S. Army’s Objective Force Warrior (OFW) program. The OFW program will provide the core network-centric system deployed by dismounted soldiers in the year 2010.
- CHINA/TERRORISM VOA 30 Aug 2002-- U-S officials in Beijing say a Muslim separatist group from China may have been plotting attacks on foreign interests in Central Asia
- Former President Bush Visits HST 30 Aug 2002-- Distinguished visitors on carriers come and go. But it was a bit of a surprise to have the 41st President of the United States walking about on this ship.
- SHAPE NEWS MORNING UPDATE 30 Aug 2002-- NATO-led peacekeepers, UN police under fire by ethnic Albanians
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|