September 11, 2001 Military News
- Transcript: President Bush Address to the Nation September 11 09-11-01 Bush's address to the nation
- Transcript: Briefing by Rumsfeld, Shelton on Terrorist Attacks 09-11-01 Breifing at DOD
- Text: Bush Remarks Upon Arrival at Barksdale AFB, Louisiana Sept. 1109-11-01 Bush's Barksdale Speech
- Transcript: State Department Briefing on Terrorist Attacks09-11-01 Briefing at Department of State
- Transcript: Bush Administration Officials Brief on Attack Response 09-11-01 Secretaries Briefing
- Transcript: Karen Hughes on U.S. Response to Terrorist Attacks 09-11-01 Hughes on US reaction to the attacks
- Congressional Report, Sept. 11: Leaders Condemn Terrorist Attacks 09-11-01 Reaction from Congress
- Text: North Atlantic Council Statement on Terrorist Attacks 09-11-01 NAC reaction to attacks
- CONGRESS ATTACKS 09-11-01 Voice of America U-S lawmakers are vowing to provide the resources necessary to investigate the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington and to bring those responsible to justice.
- U-S TERRORISM 09-11-01 Voice of America Summary of events
- TALEBAN / U-S ATTACK 09-11-01 Voice of America Afghanistan's Taleban Islamic movement says Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden could not be responsible for devastating air attacks in the United States.
- PENTAGON CRASH 09-11-01 Voice of America An airliner crashed into the Pentagon Tuesday in an apparent terrorist attack.
- TERRORIST / ALERT 09-11-01 Voice of America Reeling from a series of terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, U-S authorities have gone on a coast-to-coast alert as they try to assess the damage from the unfolding disaster.
- TERRORISM/WEST COAST PRECAUTIONS 09-11-01 Voice of America All of the aircraft involved in the apparent terrorist attacks in New York and Washington were bound for California. Although the West Coast was spared a terrorist incident authorities are not taking any chances.
- U-S MUSLIM / REACT09-11-01 Voice of America Muslims in the United States are expressing shock at the attacks that have occurred in New York and Washington.
- BUSH / TERRORISM 09-11-01 Voice of America : President Bush was in Florida when Tuesday's terrorist attacks began. He is now at an Air Force base in the central state of Nebraska while senior administration officials coordinate the government's response.
- PAULA WOLFSON09-11-01 Voice of America : President Bush made broadcast speech to the nation Tuesday evening.
- NEW YORK TERRORISM 09-11-01 Voice of America New York City is reeling after two hijacked jetliners demolished the twin towers of the World Trade Center Tuesday, inflicting heavy, but so far undetermined numbers of casualites.
- U-S TERRORISM / BRITISH REACT 09-11-01 Voice of America : British Prime Minster Tony Blair says the world's democracies must unite against terrorism in the wake of the attacks in the United States.
- U-S TERRORISM 09-11-01 Voice of America The United States is reeling from a horrifying round of terrorist attacks in New York and Washington. Suicide aircraft attacks on The World Trade Center and the Pentagon have left untold numbers injured or dead and thrown the cities into chaos.
- U-S TERRORISM / RUSSIA REACT 09-11-01 Voice of America : Russian President Vladimir Putin has condemned the terrorist attacks in the United States and expressed his condolences to the American people.
- BUSH / TERROR ATTACKS 09-11-01 Voice of America President Bush has sought to reassure the nation and the world that the United States has taken steps to protect America and Americans following apparent terrorist attacks in New York and Washington.
- TERRORISM RESPONSE 09-11-01 Voice of America Experts who study terrorism say one goal of the horrific attacks on New York and Washington was to gain attention.
- U-S TERRORISM / PALESTINIAN REACT 09-11-01 Voice of America Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has condemned the terrorist attacks in the United States and offered his condolences. Palestinian militant groups have distanced themselves from any links to the horror that engulfed Washington and New York.
- U.S. TERRORISM/PSYCHOLOGICAL REACT09-11-01 Voice of America Psychologists say they foresee a growing loss of a sense of national security that began with terrorist attacks in the 1990s.
- U-S TERRORISM / EURO REACT 09-11-01 Voice of America European leaders have expressed horror and pledged support for the United States in the wake of terror attacks in New York and near Washington.
- CONGRESS-TERRORISM09-11-01 Voice of America Leaders of the U-S Congress have denounced the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and have given President Bush a strong bipartisan statement of support.
- PENNSYLVANIA / TERROR CRASH 09-11-01 Voice of America As suspected terror attacks were being carried out in Washington and New York, a fourth plane crashed Tuesday in the state of Pennsylvania.
- TERRORIST ATTACK 09-11-01 Voice of America : Terrorists have attacked the New York Trade Center and the Pentagon at great cost in lives with the situation still in doubt.
- PENTAGON/EYEWITNESSES 09-11-01 Voice of America The crash of a passenger jet into the Pentagon was witnessed by many people in a nearby U.S. military building.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Northrop Grumman Wins Contract to Supply Platform Management System for Type 45 Destroyers Northrop Grumman 11 Sep 2001 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) has won a $15 million contract to supply six ship sets of machinery control and monitoring systems for the U.K.'s Type 45 "D" Class destroyer for the Royal Navy.
- Northrop Grumman to Supply Radars for New U.S. Navy Destroyers Northrop Grumman 11 Sep 2001 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC), has been awarded a contract by Bath Iron Works to supply commercial-off-the-shelf surface search radars for new ARLEIGH BURKE (DDG 51) Class destroyers.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|