September 05, 2001 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- ATK Selected to Supply Smart Weapons Test System for Italian Air Force ATK 05 Sep 2001 -- ATK (Alliant Techsystems)(NYSE: ATK) said it has been selected by Alenia DIFESA, Breda Meccanica Bresciana, Brescia, Italy, to supply the Common Munitions BIT/Reprogramming Equipment (CMBRE) system for use by the Italian Air Force. Deliveries under the $1 million contract will begin in May 2002 and continue through March 2003.
- BAE SYSTEMS to provide IFF interrogators for Air Force mobile approach control system BAE Systems 05 Sep 2001 -- Greenlawn, NY -ITT Gilfillan has selected BAE Systems to provide its AN/UPX-37 IFF Digital Interrogator for their new Air Force Mobile Approach Control System (MACS).
- Saab and BAE SYSTEMS form Gripen joint venture, Gripen International BAE Systems 05 Sep 2001 -- The recent success of Gripen in the export market has demonstrated the potential of the BAE Systems and Saab joint approach to securing export sales for the aircraft.
- Lockheed Martin Begins Deliveries of Fully Configured KC-130J Tankers to the U.S. Marines Corps Lockheed Martin 05 Sep 2001 -- Lockheed Martin has delivered the first three fully configured KC-130J tanker aircraft to the United States Marine Corps. These aircraft, the first of seven to be delivered this year, will be based at Cherry Point Marine Corps Air Station N.C.
- Lockheed Martin-led National Team Passes Major Design Milestone for Next Generation Military Communications Satellite Program Lockheed Martin 05 Sep 2001 -- The Advanced Extremely High Frequency (Advanced EHF) National Team of Lockheed Martin Space Systems, TRW Space & Electronics and Boeing Satellite Systems has successfully completed the system Preliminary Design Review (PDR) with its customer, the MILSATCOM Joint Program Office, U.S. Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center.
- DAILY PRESS BRIEFING BY THE OFFICE OF THE SPOKESMAN FOR THE SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 05 Sep 2001
- AFRICA WILL BE SECURITY COUNCIL FOCUS DURING SEPTEMBER, FRANCE TELLS CORRESPONDENTS United Nations 05 Sep 2001
- U-S TROOPS TO ASIA09-09-01 Voice of America The United States is considering moving American troops from Europe to Asia to meet changing conditions.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|