09 December 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boeing Delivers 100th AH-64D Apache Longbow to U.S. Army Boeing 09 Dec 1999 -- The Boeing Company has delivered the 100th AH-64D Apache Longbow multi-mission combat helicopter to the U.S. Army.
- Lockheed Martin Naval Electronics & Surveillance Systems-Syracuse to Supply Radars for Croatia Lockheed Martin 09 Dec 1999 -- Lockheed Martin Naval Electronics & Surveillance Systems-Syracuse (NE&SS Syracuse) today announced that the U.S. government has approved a license allowing it to provide an integrated radar surveillance system to meet civil and military needs for Croatia.
- LOCKHEED MARTIN DOWN-SELECTED FOR B-52H SITUATIONAL AWARENESS DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENT (SADI) CONTRACT Lockheed Martin 09 Dec 1999 -- Lockheed Martin Federal Systems has been down-selected by Boeing Military and Missiles Systems Group, Wichita, Kansas, for the six-month Program Definition and Risk Reduction phase of the B-52H SADI contract.
- LOCKHEED MARTIN TO PERFORM ENGINE CONTROL DEVELOPMENT FOR KTX-2 SUPERSONIC AIRCRAFT Lockheed Martin 09 Dec 1999 -- GE Aircraft Engines has selected Lockheed Martin Control Systems to develop a full-authority digital engine control (FADEC) for GE engines aboard the new KTX-2 supersonic trainer and light combat aircraft.
- 9 December 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING BY OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 09 Dec 1999
- CHECHNYA VISIT Voice of America 09 December 1999 -- As Russia's military offensive in Chechnya gains momentum, efforts are on to re-establish Moscow's rule in territories newly returned to federal control.
- CLINTON-CHECHNYA Voice of America 09 December 1999 -- President Clinton is defending his criticism of the Russian military campaign in Chechnya in the face of a verbal attack from Russian President Boris Yeltsin.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA Voice of America 09 December 1999 -- Russian forces say they have taken control of the Chechen city, Urus-Martan, 20 kilometers southwest of the capital, Grozny, but are still bombarding rebel fighters in the town.
- U-S / RUSSIA / CHECHNYA Voice of America 09 December 1999 -- The U-S general who led NATO through the Kosovo conflict is sharply criticizing Russia for its unrestricted use of military firepower in Chechnya.
- Text: U.S. Statement on Chechnya to OSCE Permanent Council USIA 09 December 1999 -- In a statement to the Permanent Council of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) December 9, the United States welcomed Russia's invitation to OSCE Chairman-in-Office Knut Vollebaek to visit the North Caucasus December 14-15.
- HONDURAS - NICARAGUA DISPUTE Voice of America 09 December 1999 -- The dispute rose out of a maritime treaty between Honduras and Colombia, which grants both countries access to a large area in the Caribbean sea that Nicaragua claims as its territory.
- PRESS BRIEFING BY UNRWA COMMISSIONER-GENERAL United Nations 09 Dec 1999
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|