26 November 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- 26 November 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING BY OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 26 Nov 1999
- TIMOR - MASS GRAVES Voice of America 26 November 1999 -- Indonesian human rights investigators say they have found the bodies of 26 people in mass graves in West Timor. Officials say the bodies of women and children as well as three priests were among those found in three mass graves.
- SRI LANKA HEROES Voice of America 26 November 1999 -- Sri Lanka's Tamil Tiger rebels are releasing seven government soldiers, Saturday, to commemorate their annual rememberance week.
- NORTHERN IRELAND Voice of America 26 November 1999 -- The Leader of the pro-British Ulster Unionist party, David Trimble, is predicting victory in a key vote set to take place in Northern Ireland Saturday.
- CONGO / REBELS / U-N Voice of America 26 November 1999 -- The United Nations observer mission to Congo-Kinshasa is expected to open its first office on Friday in the rebel-held east of the country.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA Voice of America 26 November 1999 -- A fresh wave of refugees is flooding the roads out of Chechnya as Russia unleashes a withering offensive aimed at two large population centers.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|