25 November 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- EAST TIMOR - HUMAN RIGHTS Voice of America 25 November 1999 -- A human rights team from the United Nations has arrived in East Timor to investigate atrocities committed when anti-independence militias rampaged through the territory in September.
- OCALAN SENTENCE UPHELD Voice of America 25 November 1999 -- A Turkish appeals court has upheld the death sentence handed down to Kurdish rebel chief Abdullah Ocalan.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA Voice of America 25 November 1999 -- A human rights group is charging Russia with bombing a Chechen village used as a safe haven by civilians fleeing the current military offensive.
- INDIA - AFGHAN REFUGEES Voice of America 25 November 1999 -- Thousands of Afghan refugees, living in India for more than a decade, say they are left without any means of survival because the Indian government is not recognizing them as political refugees.
- INDONESIA-WIRANTO Voice of America 25 November 1999 -- The former head of the Indonesian Armed Forces has admitted some human rights abuses were committed by Indonesian soldiers in Aceh province.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|