09 November 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boeing Wins F-16 Aircrew Training System Contract Boeing 09 Nov 1999 -- The Boeing Company has been selected by the U.S. Air Force to provide aircrew training and courseware development services to support training missions conducted by Air National Guard F-16 aircrews.
- CACI Announces Intent to Acquire XEN Corporation CACI 09 Nov 1999 -- CACI International Inc (NASDAQ: CACI) today announced today it has signed a letter of intent to acquire all of the outstanding shares of XEN Corporation (XEN), a privately-held company.
- 9 November 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING BY OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 09 Nov 1999
- BRIEFING BY PRESIDENT OF RWANDA WAR CRIMES TRIBUNAL 9 November 1999 -- The President of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda told correspondents this afternoon that without Rwanda's cooperation, the Tribunal could not continue to try cases.
- RWANDA STOPS COOPERATION Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- The government of Rwanda decided to suspend assistance to the tribunal as an apparent protest after the tribunal's appeals judges dismissed charges against Jean-Bosco Barayagwiza.
- UNHCR Concerned About Civilians in Chechnya By Wendy Lubetkin Washington File 09 November 1999 -- The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) expressed grave concern November 9 about the mounting toll of Russia's military actions on Chechnya's civilian population.
- UNHCR / CHECHNYA Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- The U-N Refugee Agency says Chechen refugees are fleeing into neighboring Ingushetia at the rate of about four-thousand a day.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- Russia has banned flights between its southern regions bordering Chechnya and several Muslim countries in what appears to a bid to stop foreign mercenaries from joining Chechen forces.
- CHECHNYA REFUGEES Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- The mass exodus of refugees from Chechnya is overwhelming the ability of aid agencies trying to help them. An estimated 200-thousand displaced Chechens have already fled to neighboring Ingushetia.
- U-S / AFGHANISTAN Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- The letter written by Taleban leader, Mullah Omar, says the United States will be punished by god if it continues its campaign against the Taleban, which controls about 90 percent of Afghanistan.
- AFGHAN / APPEAL Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- As the U-N deadline approaches, Taleban leader Mullah Omar has asked the United States to stop, what he calls - its hostile actions against the Afghan people.
- INDONESIA/ ACEH / REBELS Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- Rebel leader Teungku Abdullah Syasfei says "it doesn't matter if the government decides to hold a referendum in Aceh "because, he says, "Indonesia is going to break apart."
- INDONESIA - ACEH Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- The new president's stand on Aceh is bringing him into direct conflict with the Indonesian Armed Forces.
- Text: Scheffer Delivers Albright Message to Hill Summit on Sudan 09 November 1999 -- The United States has worked intensely this year to revitalize the peace process led by Sudan's East African neighbors through the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD). We now expect the warring parties to begin negotiations under this newly revitalized process this month.
- UNHCR / TIMOR Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- The U-N Refugee Agency says there has been a series of incidents in which militiamen in the Kupang and Atambua regions in West Timor harassed relief workers and refugees trying to return.
- SRI LANKA DEFEAT Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- Sri Lankan President, Chandrika Kumaratunga, has conceded losing towns in the country's north, in the recent fighting between Tamil Tiger rebels and government soldiers.
- SAF - CONGO - ANGOLA Voice of America 09 November 1999 -- South Africa's Foreign Minister has voiced concern over the situation in Congo-Kinshasa, where a fragile cease-fire and peace agreement appear to be in danger.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|