28 July 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boeing Cuts Joint Strike Fighter Costs Through Electronic Acquisition Reform Initiatives Boeing 28 Jul 1999 -- Using its proprietary Program Visibility System, the Boeing Joint Strike Fighter program is achieving the goal of the U.S. Defense Department to make "paperless" contract reporting a standard business practice.
- Israel Aircraft Industries/Elta and Koor/Tatiran Establish A Joint Venture For Marketing Electronic Defense Systems Israel Aerospace Industries 28 Jul 1999 -- The Board of Directors of Israel Aircraft Industries approved in its meeting today a memorandum understanding regarding the establishment of a joint venture between its subsidiary ELTA Ltd. and Tadiran/Elisra for the marketing of electronic defense systems.
- 28 July 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 28 Jul 1999
- INDONESIA-EAST TIMOR Voice of America 28 July 1999 -- U-N Secretary General Kofi Annan has called for another delay in the referendum on the future of East Timor.
- NIGERIA VIOLENCE Voice of America 28 July 1999 -- : Nigerian newspaper reports say more than 100 people were killed in ethnic violence in eastern Nigeria this week. However police sources in the area say no such clashes have occurred.
- U-N - AFGHANISTAN FIGHTING Voice of America 28 July 1999 -- The United Nations Security Council today called for an immediate end to outside support for military factions in Afghanistan.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|