01 July 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Alliant Techsystems Will Continue to Produce Propellant for Hydra-70 Rocket System ATK 01 Jul 1999 -- Alliant Techsystems (NYSE: ATK) said it is part of an industry team led by General Dynamics Ordnance Systems that has been awarded a U.S. Army contract to continue production of the HYDRA-70 rocket system. ATK's portion of the firm fixed-price contract is expected to generate sales of $400 million to $450 million through 2006 if the maximum quantities are procured.
- General Dynamics Continues to Believe it Will Prevail in A-12 Litigation General Dynamics 01 Jul 1999 -- The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has reversed the United States Court of Federal Claims’ judgement and remanded the Boeing Co. and General Dynamics Corp. A-12 case to the trial court for a determination of whether the government’s default termination was justified.
- Lockheed Martin Creates New UK Company Lockheed Martin 01 Jul 1999 -- Lockheed Martin today announced the creation of Lockheed Martin UK Limited, a new company based in London combining all its United Kingdom defense and commercial business interests under a single UK-registered company. Lockheed Martin's annual UK business is worth more than 600 million pounds sterling.
- 1 July 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 01 Jul 1999
- PRESS BRIEFING BY ASSISTANT HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES United Nations 01 Jul 1999
- OCALAN TRIAL / WHAT NEXT? Voice of America 01 July 1999 -- KURDISH REBEL LEADER ABDULLAH OCALAN WAS CONVICTED THIS PAST WEEK OF TREASON AND SENTENCED TO DEATH BY A SPECIAL SECURITY COURT IN TURKEY. MANY IN TURKEY ARE WONDERING WHETHER THE DEATH PENALTY WILL BE CARRIED OUT.
- NORTHERN IRELAND UPDATE Voice of America 01 July 1999 -- IN NORTHERN IRELAND, CATHOLIC AND PROTESTANT NEGOTIATORS ARE TRYING TO END AN IMPASSE OVER DEMILITARIZING THE IRISH REPUBLICAN ARMY PARA-MILITARIES, WHICH IS BLOCKING FORMATION OF A POWER-SHARING EXECUTIVE.
- CONGO TALKS Voice of America 01 July 1999 -- TALKS AIMED AT ENDING THE 11-MONTH OLD CONFLICT IN CONGO-KINSHASA BROKE DOWN TUESDAY OVER DETAILS OF A DRAFT CEASE-FIRE AGREEMENT. THE LATEST SETBACK IS EMERGING FROM WITHIN THE REBEL GROUPS THEMSELVES.
- REFURBISHED AMTRACK MAKES DEBUT AT AAS BATTALION Marine Corps News 07/17/99 -- The first of 680 refurbished amtraks, which will be distributed throughout the Marine Corps, was presented to Assault Amphibian School Battalion Friday at Camp Del Mar. The Assault Amphibious Vehicle P7-A1 is a modified version of the AAV7 family of vehicles.
- Trouble in the North Caucasus by General Anatoliy S. Kulikov, Former Russian Interior Minister, Military Review July-August 1999
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|