14 June 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boeing Demonstrates Lean Practices on Joint Strike Fighter Boeing 14 Jun 1999 -- The Joint Strike Fighter X-32A concept demonstrator has become a symbol of how Boeing is exploiting lean design and manufacturing techniques to produce affordable military aircraft. Three-dimensional solid modeling and assembly simulation, laser-guided part positioning and minimal tooling are some of the advanced approaches Boeing plans to carry forward into the next phase of the JSF program.
- First Two Boeing Apache Longbows Arrive at Fort Rucker Boeing 14 Jun 1999 -- The first two Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow multi-role combat helicopters arrived at Fort Rucker, Ala., signaling the debut of Apache Longbow pilot training here.
- Boeing Expands Joint Strike Fighter Industry Team Boeing 14 Jun 1999 -- Twenty-five of the world's top aerospace companies have joined the Boeing Joint Strike Fighter industry team -- called the "One Team." This expansion of the industry team is a crucial step toward making the Joint Strike Fighter the most cost-effective major weapon system possible. The team is focusing resources on winning the JSF Engineering and Manufacturing Development decision in 2001.
- MBT RAYTHEON are Teamed to Market CUTLASS Israel Aerospace Industries 14 Jun 1999 -- Israel Aircraft Industries Ltd. (IAI) MBT Division and Raytheon Missile Systems signed an agreement to jointly market the CUTLASS - Combat UAV Target Locate and Strike System. The team is actively pursuing the US military market.
- LAHAT - Laser Homing Anti-Tank Gun Launched Weapon System Israel Aerospace Industries 14 Jun 1999 -- MBT Division has performed several firing tests, which fully demonstrate the capabilities of the LAHAT system.
- Kamov/IAI Attack Helicopter in flight test program in preparation for upcoming demonstration to Turkey in August Israel Aerospace Industries 14 Jun 1999 -- Israel Aircraft Industries and the Kamov Company have teamed together to offer the two-seater Ka-50-2 attack helicopter to the Turkish Land Forces.
- Israeli Defense Industries Consortium Unveils Upgraded F-16 Ace Aircraft At Paris Air Show Israel Aerospace Industries 14 Jun 1999 -- The Avionics Capabilities Enhancement (ACE) upgraded F-16 will be displayed for the first time at the 1999 Paris Air Show.
- Singapore to Strengthen Capabilities with AH-64D Apache and Hellfire II Missiles Lockheed Martin 14 Jun 1999 -- After more than a year of discussions and evaluations, the Singapore government chose AH-64D Apache attack helicopters to fulfill the country's development of its modern and balanced armed forces.
- Lockheed Martin and SENER Form Strategic Partnership to Pursue Advanced EO and Electronics Business Lockheed Martin 14 Jun 1999 -- Lockheed Martin of the United States and SENER of Spain announced today a strategic partnership to pursue development and production of advanced electro-optic (EO) and electronic systems to enhance fighter aircraft precision strike capabilities and overcome many combat limitations faced by combat pilots today.
- Lockheed Martin and SENER Introduce New FLIR...Beats Current Technology...By Far Lockheed Martin 14 Jun 1999 -- A superior, cost effective FLIR retrofit that will greatly improve the F/A-18's strike capability is available today, according to Lockheed Martin and Spanish partner, SENER. Technology, ready for production now, was introduced at the Paris Air Show today.
- 14 June 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 14 Jun 1999
- WARRI / AFTERMATH Voice of America 14 June 1999 -- TEN DAYS AFTER VIOLENT ETHNIC CLASHES ENGULFED THE CITY OF WARRI, IN SOUTHEASTERN NIGERIA, RESIDENTS ARE NOW ASSESSING THE DAMAGE AND SEARCHING FOR WAYS TO PREVENT ANOTHER FLARE-UP.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|