26 May 1999 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- CACI Awarded $49 Million Contract to Support Naval Supply Systems Command Readiness Based Sparing Services CACI 26 May 1999 -- CACI International Inc (NASDAQ: CACI) today announced that it has been awarded a $49 million contract by the Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, to provide Readiness Based Sparing (RBS) services that help the Navy manage weapon system spare parts and components at ship and shore locations throughout the world.
- 26 May 1999 - DAILY PRESS BRIEFING OF OFFICE OF SPOKESMAN FOR SECRETARY-GENERAL United Nations 26 May 1999
- LANKA/RECRUITMENT Voice of America 26 May 1999 -- IN EARLY MAY, THE SRI LANKAN ARMY BEGAN A CAMPAIGN TO RECRUIT MORE MINORITY TAMILS INTO THE ARMY. THE DRIVE HAS NOW ENDED AND THE ARMY SAYS IT HAS RECEIVED VIRTUALLY NO RESPONSE FROM THE MINORITY TAMIL COMMUNITY.
- U-S/ETHIOPIA-ERITREA Voice of America 26 May 1999 --THE UNITED STATES SAYS IT REMAINS STRONGLY COMMITTED TO FINDING A POLITICAL SETTLEMENT TO THE WAR BETWEEN ETHIOPIA AND ERITREA. AT A CONGRESSIONAL BRIEFING (5/25) ON THE CURRENT SITUATION, MEMBERS BLAMED BOTH OF THE WARRING GOVERNMENTS FOR THE CONTINUING CONFLICT.
- CONGO DEBATE Voice of America 26 May 1999 -- NEXT MONTH, THE GOVERNMENT IN CONGO-KINSHASA SAYS IT WILL HOLD WHAT IT CALLS A "NATIONAL DEBATE" WITH THE POLITICAL OPPOSITION AND THE REBELS WHO NOW CONTROL ALMOST HALF OF THE COUNTRY.
- COLOMBIA/MILITARY Voice of America 26 May 1999 -- A CRISIS HAS ERUPTED IN THE MILITARY OVER THE WAY THE GOVERNMENT HAS HANDLED THE ONGOING PEACE NEGOTIATIONS WITH LEFTIST GUERRILLAS.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|